All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone ever overwhelmed with fear?
      #217596 - 10/05/05 10:40 AM
RRR

Reged: 09/29/05
Loc: Central Alabama

Hi. I have really enjoyed reading all of your responses to questions on this message board, especially those of you who have suffered for so long. You have such good advice. I was wondering if any of you who have D ever become overwhelmed with fear. For instance, fear of not being able to finding a bathroom or fear of not finding one in time. I have been virtually symptom free for four months, but I follow the diet VERY strictly. But still sometimes I'll be out somewhere and all of a sudden I am so fearful that I almost get nauseated. Then I realize that I'm fine, and I tell myself it's OK. Am I crazy, or do any of you ever feel the same?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone ever overwhelmed with fear? new
      #217603 - 10/05/05 10:55 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh yup, been there. Control it. Yogic breathing helped me alot in panicky situations as did carrying an emergency kit everywhere with me. You may want to consider the hypno or meds if you can't control it yourself.

Re: Anyone ever overwhelmed with fear? new
      #217631 - 10/05/05 12:45 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh yeah, I've definitely been there. You MUST control it - it's one of those things that's a nasty cycle - the more anxious and fearful you are, the worse it affects your IBS symptoms, which of course just makes you more anxious! Personally, I had to go on medication for anxiety for it, but I also had other underlying anxiety-related issues, so it was necessary. Try the hypnotherapy tapes available on this site - so many people have said they're absolutely a miracle for them.

Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 991 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 393

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review