All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
I agree, too, Maria. (m) new
      #217821 - 10/06/05 12:07 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I think your post is excellent - and Casey's too. I couldn't quite get hold of what was making me so uncomfortable about this thread, so I found your pointing out the underlying "it's all in your head" message really helpful.

I'm not as eloquent or thoughtful about this as either of you. For me, it's just one of those logic problems we had to do in school:

If eating everything had worked for me, I would never have needed to find Heather's program or this Board in the first place. So if I were the kind of person who could eat everything, I wouldn't be here to read a suggestion that I just eat everything.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I agree....and I don't want this discussion to spiral way off topic, new
      #217833 - 10/06/05 12:48 PM
Bumblebee

Reged: 10/06/05

Hello, Heather, and Everyone. I made it in. And for my first post, I just wanted to thank you for letting this thread run its course. It's just interesting to hear how everyone is dealing with their own situation as they incorporate the IBS diet. Self discipline is something that only we have control over, and I find that my ability to exercise it goes in cycles. I mostly know what is a trigger for me, but am just discovering from your info the different affects that soluble and insoluble fiber have on us. I also deal with dairy and wheat sensitivities, so that is something I constantly battle throughout these alternating cycles of discipline and lack thereof. Thanks for presenting this information. I've ordered the cookbook and the Acacia. I'll let you know how it goes. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Re: Do you still think the D.A. is part of your... new
      #217838 - 10/06/05 12:54 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Yes I do think that DA might play a part of getting me more stable, not to say I think I am 100% better but I think I am getting back to a little bit of normal. Yea Natures Own is the name brand, I see it alot here in SC, and yes it is wheat. I just tend to like wheat bread better.

Welcome Bumblebee new
      #217839 - 10/06/05 12:57 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I appreciated all the posts too. It was nice to get a peek at different people's experiences, especially when it brings them relief.

Anxiety is something I really need to address, and thanks to the people who posted, I now realize what a huge impact it can really have on the body.

Do you take any SFS.... new
      #217841 - 10/06/05 01:00 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

...or a probiotic or digestive enzymes? Or just the DA? And if I remember correctly, you can even take the ones with Artificial Sweeteners, right?

Thanks for all your help. I'm hoping that you continue to feel good and live with a quality of life despite your IBS. Keep posting! You are very helpful and bring me some hope for a life outside of constipation and pain!

Re: I agree....and I don't want this discussion to spiral way off topic, new
      #217842 - 10/06/05 01:01 PM
SCgirl

I am sorry if anyone took my comments the wrong way. I was not trying to argue with anyone I was just answering one person's questions that they had for me. I think we are all curious about what people eat and I was just sharing what I did. I did not tell anyone to "eat whatever" they want, I just said thats what I did and thats all. I will have to read the posts all over again but I dont think that anyone said it was "all in their heads" because anyone with IBS knows thats not true. Sorry if I caused any harm, I just wanted to answer some questions truthfully and I never try and tell anyone what to do. Sorry if I came off the wrong way!

Re: Do you take any SFS.... new
      #217847 - 10/06/05 01:07 PM
SCgirl

Well I was just reading some posts up above and I think some people disagree with me and what others are saying. I just want to start off saying that I dont neccesarily recommend everything I do, but I know that you know everyone is different. Anyway, I am now taking the DA without artifical sweetners just because I thought if I had a choice it would be better without them. I eat Metimucil lil bars too, actually they are really good. Glad I am helping you and I really hope that you can find out what works for you. I used to be alot worse than I am right now. I was D for many many years and then I went to A, and then C. So I dont know if its my body just chaging every couple years but it sucks!!lol

Huh! new
      #217864 - 10/06/05 03:24 PM
Proud new Teacher

Reged: 09/22/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

That's so weird, and yep, very carnal. I have to say, I do love my seafood and chicken. I could do without all the rest. however-you do need to try a rack of lamb at the outback some day. Ohhhhh maaaaahhhhh gawwwwd. Not that that's safe....hee hee

--------------------
Shannon the teacher` I'm an A, but more of a C these days.:}

Maria, that was well stated and diplomatic. new
      #217865 - 10/06/05 03:30 PM
Proud new Teacher

I hope I didn't make others think I just eat whatever whenever, but I have found the less I worry about every morsel, and basically stick to safe food, the better I am. However, I tend toward enjoying IBS safe food anyhow. I'm finding certian things don't bother me now like they did this summer. that could change in the blink of an eye, and I do love having the diet there to guide me. However, i listen to my body and it tells me what's safe as well.

There. Hope I clarified my point. Ice cream, corn, milk, peanut butter or coffee would kill me any day. However, I can drink a bit here and there, have chocolate any time, eat margarine no prob and eat almost all fruit and veg sans consequence.

--------------------

No, I can't say I eat whatever I want...but am more liberal..... new
      #217866 - 10/06/05 03:48 PM
Proud new Teacher

My probiotic is a Canadian one, apparently you can get it online. I go three days without it and I'm in pain. HONESTLY. It works. It takes about a week, week and a half to get going, but it WORKS. You just need to make sure you get a probiotic with at LEAST 5 billion cells, one you refrigerate, one you're willing to spend a bit extra on, and one that a holistic person recommends.

I still have my Metamucil smoothie every day. I have allowed these foods back in, in MODERATION:

chocolate(some every few days, not much)
cheese (only in one meal a day, and only a little bit)
yogurt (some types have lower lactose levels)
certain fats (if I overdo it, it's always a problem)
a drink or two here and there (once every couple weeks, up to 2 drinks do not bother me)
Wheat bread doesn't bother me.

And that's it. I have added lots of things to the Do not eat list, like avocados, corn and cheerios.

HTH!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review