All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Those who take fish oil...how long does it take to work for C'rs and how much?
      #216815 - 09/30/05 12:35 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I just got some Oilsmart, which has Omega 3-6-and 9. It says to take 3 daily. Do you take those at meal times, or is that enough? Just curious as to other people's dosage. I'm taking the capsules by the way.

Jessica

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Those who take fish oil...how long does it take to work for C'rs and how much? new
      #216842 - 09/30/05 08:41 PM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

I just take one a day but who knows....maybe 2 would work better. Just started them so no results yet.

Jessica new
      #218427 - 10/09/05 07:46 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How is the Oil Smart working for you? How much did you decide to take? Any side effects (good or bad)?

How are you managing the C with the pregnancy? Are you taking any SFS or Miralax or what?

Keep in touch!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Jessica new
      #218537 - 10/09/05 07:10 PM
jessica28

I honestly haven't been good about taking them everyday. I was taking 3 at night and when I do, the next morning, in addition to miralax, made a big difference..much more formed. That reminds me now to take those! The C and pregnancy is really horrible. I'm taking 2-3 doses of miralax and now I'm starting some fiber back in too to see if that helps. My doc said it's okay to have to take a laxative once in a while if I need to, but I'm trying to steer away from that, although I have done it a couple times. I'm eating alot more protein now for the baby, so that has helped form my stools more too...otherwise with just miralax alone, it's very runny. Sorry to be gross!

Jessica

Which fiber supplement are you going to add?=nt new
      #218556 - 10/09/05 07:50 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Which fiber supplement are you going to add?=nt new
      #218771 - 10/10/05 06:15 PM
jessica28

Oh, sorry! I'm trying that Super Seed stuff..there was a discussion on here recently. It's loaded with alot of flax and such. I just started on a low dosage. There was someone who was taking it and stopped because she said she pooped TOO much....whatever, I want to poop! I'll let you know how it goes. Do a search though if you don't remember the conversation. I've tried soooo many things, and I don't get enough flax, or good fats, so again I'm willing to try it.

Jessica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 667 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 671

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review