All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am miserable......
      #215354 - 09/23/05 07:18 AM
kitten

Reged: 09/18/05

I woke up Monday morning with the chills and an upset stomach......So I figured I had the stomach flu. Only thing is, I felt better a couple days ago, but my stomach is still somewhat of a mess. It doesn't matter what I eat, it gets upset, but not right away --- its the morning after. I went with my husband to the grocery store last night and when I sat down in the car, that was enough to jilt my stomach and send it into upset mode. How long should I wait it out before I go see a doctor? Should I try some Immodium or something here at home? The cramps/pain is worse now than the diarrhea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am miserable...... new
      #215356 - 09/23/05 07:23 AM
MomOfBoyz

Reged: 04/21/05

I am sorry you are having such a bad time! I threw myself into a flare-up this past week eating too much cereal. It sounds to me like you may be coming down with something. Could you have food poisoning? Those are common symptoms. I'd see your doctor ASAP if I were you. I had some bad chicken once and felt like you just described.

#215362 - 09/23/05 07:54 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey, Kitten....I remember when you were saying earlier this week that you were sick. The stomach flu is going around over here......but, I had your symptoms two years ago and I waited it out for 2 weeks before I saw a doctor. They put me on two rounds of different antibiotics because they said it was an intestinal bug. So, now 2 years later, the gastroenterologist says that the intestinal bug caused me to get IBS again because I was in remission for 5 years. Didn't take fiber, ate/drank whatever I wanted, smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, at least 5 diet cokes....... and never had one problem.......then, I get this intestinal bug and my IBS has been flared up more ever for the the past two years and I cannot seem to kick it!!! So, I really hope this isn't your case.........
I would get to a doctor and get a round of antibiotics if it's an intestinal bug because it can do a ton of damage on your gut like it did with me.
Keep us posted!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#215491 - 09/23/05 03:08 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The problem with us IBSers is that our guts are already so sensitive that a lot of the time, something that a normal person can kick in a day or two can stay with us for weeks, or trigger worse IBS problems. It sounds like this might be the case with you.

If you're still feeling lousy in a couple days, I'd definitely go to the doctor and get checked out, just in case... although be warned that antibiotics can cause D too. (Ya just can't win, huh? ) But it sounds like it's pretty likely that you did just have a stomach bug, and it's going to take a while for your insides to settle back down again.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 429

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review