Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Update
      #215294 - 09/22/05 07:04 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hey guys...
I just wanted to tell you that I am totally off this diet, and I am just taking some awesome enzymes and fiber, and pretty much eating anything I want! My weight is back up to about 100-103 (my normal weight is 106, and during my bad time I was 90 lbs!), which I am very excited about... I don't feel great all the time, but I just try to ignore it. I sometimes get D/Loose BMS/more than 3 BMs a day, but I just go on with my day afterwards. I am much happier not worrying about all of it and obsessing over everything I eat, and I don't think I have IBS as bad as some of you so I can ignore it and not feel great but feel pretty good!
Just wanted to update everyone again because I used to be on here all the time!
How are you all?
- H

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update new
      #215302 - 09/22/05 07:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

excellent news, Tink! ditto for me, i.e. i'm eating intuitively and roughly following an scd diet. brain & body feel infinitely ameliorated. no violent D-days of late. yes, some looseness & well...the usual bunny dumping, but otherwise...everyday, in everyway, i'm better & better & better.

i read your post re: ayruveda. i'm definitely vatic in nature. i'm eating more warming foods. i guess, ultimately, i'm listening to my body and it's just humming happily.

kate.

Wow, you sound like a totally different person! new
      #215304 - 09/22/05 07:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I am so glad you feel better! And jealous you can eat whatever you want!

What's your secrets???

What fiber and enzymes are you taking? Did you get into therapy to help the anxiety and obsession with IBS? I am going to start soon...I hope it will help me find a life outside of this IBS.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Tinkerbelle? new
      #215305 - 09/22/05 07:35 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are you following some sort of ayruveda treatment? If so, who is helping you with it or how did you learn about it? I'm very interested in alternative medicines...especially when traditional medicine has not been able to help me very much.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#215310 - 09/22/05 08:38 PM
Tinkerbelle

Hi Kate...
Thanks for writing! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better as well!! I think you and I have a lot in common, similiar interests, etc. Did you mean to say that you are Vata in nature? That's what I am, I had a severe Vata imbalance, I think I may have mentioned and it before.
What type of foods are you eating? Have you gained any weight?
Hope to hear from you soon!

Re: Wow, you sound like a totally different person! new
      #215311 - 09/22/05 08:44 PM
Tinkerbelle

Hi there!! I know I sound like a diff person, I feel like my old self again. I think the secret is that I started taking Lexapro at the right dose, and I fell in love with an Aryuvedic practitioner! I just starting having a life and not worrying so much about my health, and dealing with the pain and the fear... and then it became not so bad anymore. I was never having violent spasms and D or C like some people on here... so I didn't have that much to recover from... it was mostly the fear I was going through that was the worst part.
So my BF is an Aryuvedic pracitioner, and I've learned a lot from him.
The enzymes I take are Digest Gold, and the fiber is Fiber Smart by Renew Life, who have an amazing line of products for IBS sufferers.. you can look them up online and find their products, they are amazing!!
I hope you are well,
Write back!

#215314 - 09/22/05 09:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

No, I'm not gaining weight--if anything I'm slowly dropping. I have osteo-arthritis and while I'm very thin, I do not want extra mass to haul around, weigh me down. I'd rather be a rack then carry around a burden!

Yes, I have a severe vata imabalance. I've added serious protein to my diet. Tons of warming herbs/spices. I'm eating egg whites and lean fish as well as tons of veggies/greens. I feel physically and mentally stronger with the serious protein upgrade. I'm eating intuitively, listening to my body. I have eliminated fruit and starchy vegetables/grains. Carbs tend to make me extra anxious, which is the very last thing I need. Note: I am neither advising nor recommending anything, merely reflecting on how I feel due to diet changes. I suppose you could call it a modified BARF diet.

Like you, Tinkerbelle, I'm doing my own thing, or in 'rebel mode' as I like to think of it. Also, like you, I take intensive enzymes and that makes a significant difference.

I'm curious re: what you are eating and doing differently.

Kate.

#215325 - 09/22/05 11:08 PM
Tinkerbelle

Hi Kate...
Well I'm pretty much eating many things these days: chocolate, cheese, carbs, cakes, cookies, eggs... Actually that's mostly all that I'm eating, with some steamed veggies, rice, sometimes a little chicken, sometimes a little fruit, wheat pitas, avos, goat's milk yougurt, potatos... anyway all these things have really helped me gain weight. In the past it's been the cheese and choc and cookies that have caused me to gain weight, and I think this is the case this time as well. I love my body right now, I'm very happy with it... but still a little scared when I go to the bathroom and scared of losing weight. But I seem to be doing great right now so I'm not too worried. I also really understand how I got to where I did before, so I hope I can stop myself next time I see the warning signs. I tend to obsess over things when I am less happy and less busy, which is exactly what happened to me from April-June....

I'm a vata/kapha... new
      #215327 - 09/22/05 11:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Tinkerbelle!!!

I'm sooo glad you are feeling better *hugs* That's super

How do you know which enzymes to take? I have interstitial cystitis, which has a diet all its own, plus IBS, fibromyalgia...so I've got tons on my plate!

My BM's are ok, thank G-d. Pretty normal I need to lose about 10-15 lbs atm. I find that white bread is the only thing my body can truly handle atm. Even white rice is beginning to bug it. No fruit and veggies--are hard to handle. But I eat anyway despite the pian (maybe I should stop for a while?)

So I just looked up Vata and they have on-line diagnostic tests I took at:
http://www.holistic-online.com/ayurveda/ayv_home.htm
Turns out I'm Vata/Kapha. I'm wondering if I grew up as more prominent in the Vata then I am now...is it possible to change? I'm fascinated!!!

Anyhow...if you have any suggestions or advice re. the mix of Vata/Kapha that'd be terrific...and if not...that's ok too! The best news is that you're doing better!!! Happy dance for Tink!!!

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Wow, you sound like a totally different person! new
      #215374 - 09/23/05 08:27 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm really glad to hear that this stuff worked for you. I've been taking Digest Gold for 2 years and I tried the Fibersmart, too, but it didn't work for me. Had too much insoluble fiber in it for my IBS-D. It only made it worse for me. Good to hear that you're doing well! I was stable for a year on Citrucel, but I think I started drinking too much Sprite and eating too much Chocolate and junk and now I've fallen off the wagon again, so be careful or you will be in my shoes all over again! I just flared up again on August 2nd of this year and I'm still not stable. BE CAREFUL! I thought I was cured and was eating everything under the sun.......but, obviously I wasn't.
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1436 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review