All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question about BM's
      #214516 - 09/19/05 09:25 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

graphic question here - ever since i developed ibs-c, my bm patterns are different. i find that i can only go in the morning when i am not rushed and can take some time to eat breakfast and relax. if i have to get up at the crack of dawn and head out to start my day i wind up not going all day and as a result feel quite uncomfotable. i dont have problems going away from home, but its just that i dont get the strong urge that i used to get. any advice?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question about BM's new
      #214522 - 09/20/05 01:21 AM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

I am the same way- I must have my "time" in the morning for a few minutes and a strong cup of coffee on an empty tummy to get things to move along.... otherwise, I will not go that day. 15mins, have to make that time.

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Me too! It stinks! new
      #214753 - 09/20/05 01:41 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yep, I'm the same way, too. I know there was some discussion over the summer and some others agreed as well. It was pretty tough getting through my first year of teaching, because I would frequently not have BMs all week and then be forced to take it easy on weekend to try to make up for it. After months of being on the same schedule I finally started going in the evening once in a great while, but it certainly wasn't anything I could count on. It made it very difficult to make plans on weekend mornings, not to mention that not going all week was pretty uncomfortable. Now that this school year has started it's shaping up to be the same way. I guess some of our bodies need that morning down time to relax and sip a hot beverage. I haven't found a solution yet, so unfortunately I don't have any advice for you. But if you find something that works for you let me know!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#214761 - 09/20/05 01:53 PM
Bernie

Reged: 08/27/05

Not sure if this would work for you, but have you tried getting up an hour or so earlier each day? That way you would have that extra time in the morning.

#214778 - 09/20/05 03:12 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

That's a very good thought... but I have to get up at 5:45 already. I would just be super exhausted if I got up an hour earlier, and that's not good for my body either. Also, there just seems to be something about that time of morning. My body prefers to "move" in the late morning instead.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#214872 - 09/20/05 08:33 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I'm a D and I have to get up early enough to give my tummy time to empty or I fight spasms/D at very inopportune times. This whole life of IBS takes careful planning for every aspect of my life so far. Plan foods, meds, away trips and any anxiety situations. But I am in such better shape than I was back in May that it is all worth it.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Edited by franny (09/20/05 08:34 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review