All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Self- Destructive
      #213773 - 09/15/05 07:52 PM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

I just wanted to post that I am having a really hard time keeping myself on track. I know I am responsible for what I eat and what goes in my body.. but its like I know its wrong and I eat it anyway.. and then I get sick. And then I cant go anywhere.
Maybe I am setting myself up who knows...
I know my IBS-D is a symptom of my anxiety and I need to focus on that to help the other. I just feeling like I am running in circles. I am not working, I am not in school.. I just sit here day after day. I just feel so out of control in every aspect of my life.
Sorry to unload all of this but just needed to vent. DOes anyone else ever feel like this?
Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Self- Destructive new
      #213780 - 09/15/05 08:29 PM
rob n

Reged: 08/18/05
Loc: WA

Yep Cindy, I've felt the same way when I break down and consume some of my old un-healthy favorites. I call it paying twice for the same food. The good thing about this is that you realize what you're doing..no denial. For some of us it has to hurt real bad or often to drive us to act in our best interests.
Have you tried meditation or yoga ? Seems to help me stay centered and make better choices, not only of foods to eat, but also in calming anxiety. It also is helping me to go back and review Heather's books. I get something of value every time I do.

--------------------
Robert IBS-D 6 Yrs

Re: Self- Destructive new
      #213802 - 09/16/05 06:42 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yep. May I suggest yoga? Hypnotherapy tapes are also very helpful. You need to do some relaxation techniques. Also, a little trick I learned. Be good when you have to. Then, like on a night that you don't have to go anywhere give into your cravings (in vERY small doses). That way you don't feel deprived and are at home in order to pay for it with the consequences. Sometimes, I'm willing to take the consequences. It's all a matter of deciding what you want.

Truly, though, you're much better off staying on track. You'll feel better, your energy will go up, etc.
Try walking, that's also great too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

You poor thing!! new
      #213876 - 09/16/05 11:53 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This happens to me too. {{{{HUGS}}}} You didn't do this to yourself. You don't deserve to have IBS! None of us do. What you're getting is #1: Cravings, and #2 Some denial!!

We all want to be healthy but at the same time be able to scarf down pizza and ice cream. But we're not built like that, and it sucks, esp when we have to watch our friends do/eat/drink whatever they want!

Take a deep breath and relax. Only you know what makes you stop having attacks. Get some focus, and tell yourself you Won't Always Feel This Badly! Stick to your IBS diet. But don't beat yourself up when you don't (I mean, our bodies do that enough for us, don't they, LOL!? ).

Tomorroww's Saturday. I suggest you get your 7 favorite pillows and make a nest on the sofa. Have some chamomille tea and chill for a while. Treat your body gently and let it reset. Next week's going to be much better.

Good luck!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 541

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review