All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Misery....
      #213739 - 09/15/05 05:11 PM
MomOfBoyz

Reged: 04/21/05

I hate fiber. I know I need it, but I hate it. I have been eating Quaker Oat Squares for about a week and I am about to die from the gas and a mild case of diarrhea. How long does the adjustment period take? I am about ready to give up and just eat highly processed junk. I have never, ever been able to handle fiber in supplement form, but I didn't think cereal would be this bad. Anyone have any advice to share?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Misery.... new
      #213745 - 09/15/05 05:35 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

What are the ingredients in Quaker Oat Squares? I'm not familiar with that...is it possible there's a hidden trigger in there?

#213747 - 09/15/05 05:39 PM
MomOfBoyz

I don't have the box with me (it's at work), but I read the side panel carefully to make sure there was nothing funky in it. No HFCS, but the made ingredient is whole grain oats. I guess I have just been seriously low-fiber for so long that my system was shocked. Maybe I should switch to corn flakes or something. But I need the fiber to make me poo something close to normal. I can't win, no matter what I do!

Re: Misery....I thnk I found the problem new
      #213786 - 09/16/05 04:45 AM
MomOfBoyz

I came in to work this morning and went straight to my cereal box to review the ingredients. The second ingredient is whole wheat! Plus there are three grams of IF per serving. So I'm going to give the rest of it to the kids and check the safe foods list for a new one. I only wish I had done this sooner.

Re: Yeah.... new
      #213801 - 09/16/05 06:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I can't tolerate ANY whole wheat, whole grain anything. I tried 1/3 cup whole wheat flour mixed in with 3 cups white flour for bread and was hunched over in massive abdominal pain. Total no-no for me.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#213833 - 09/16/05 09:35 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Have you tried increasing the amount of fruits and veggies in your diet? In my experience, the fiber there doesn't have the bad side effects of wheat bran, and I'm incredibly tolerant of whole grains for an IBS'er.

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review