All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Us IBS-ers and our planning!
      #212708 - 09/12/05 01:14 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

I swear...us IBS-ers would be great party/wedding planners. We are always prepared..and planning is involved in our every day life. This is kind of a silly post, but im bored, and thought of it. Its funny because last night my friend invited me to a party on friday..and like...its weird...the first thing that goes through my mind..is "will there be a bathroom? where am i going? What will i eat?" blah blah blah! LOL and i dont know the house where im going..so i was like.."what if i get D? Should i go outside in the trees? hahah i know thats disgusting but it beats humiliation at times! Oh well..i guess ill just deal with it when it comes :P hahah did everyone have a good day? School was looooong and boring..and tiring lol...complain complain eh lol
I guess i should be homeworking
Melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL! new
      #212732 - 09/12/05 01:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't do the bathroom-hunting as much as I used to, because I'm more stable now, but wanting to STAY stable-ish, I'm now in the mode where I refuse to eat anything that isn't completely safe if I'm not in the comfort and safety of my own home. So that means carrying a LOT of food and pills with me if I go anywhere. People pretty much know now that if they need a snack or a few Tylenol or something, I'm the person to ask, with my big suitcase full of provisions.

I used to be an event planner for a nonprofit. I kicked a$$ at it, if I do say so myself.

My day's been decent, but it's really dragging. Don't know what's up with that!

Funny.... new
      #212747 - 09/12/05 03:04 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

we are having a potluck at church on Sunday. As soon as it was announced yesterday my mind raced as to what "safe" food I could bring!

I too have done even planning and I love it...

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

bring your own food!! new
      #212755 - 09/12/05 03:39 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

that's what i do, i just bring my own food where ever i go. people have been understanding about it...when they ask why i'm eating plain borring food, or not eating the food there, i just say i have really bad digestive problems, and it sucks because i wish i could eat the food...then most people proceed to ask what will happen, i've told them i almost gives me diareah just thinking about it...lol...but it's only if i know the person wont be all offended by it (i'm really into the shock factor...lol)

i always look for the bathroom too....just in case....but i've been pretty ok with not getting sick when i go to people's houses..

Re: Us IBS-ers and our planning! new
      #212760 - 09/12/05 03:58 PM
Lynn55

Reged: 08/31/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

As soon as I read the "eh" in your post, I guessed you were Canadian, too! hahaha!! I always contended that I NEVER used that phrase until a recent trip to Michigan when a sales-clerk assumed I was Canadian and asked it I wanted my receipt in the bag or purse for customs!!!
I asked her how she knew I was Canadian and she said because I said "eh"!!!
Good grief...haha!

Anyway...just joined this elite club...wanted to say hello!

Haha new
      #212762 - 09/12/05 04:02 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm definitely not afraid of the shock factor, either. I figure that if somebody isn't satisfied with a really generic "digestive problems" kind of answer, then they'd better be prepared for DETAIL. Heh.

Re: LOL! new
      #212768 - 09/12/05 04:30 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

I don't do the bathroom-hunting as much as I used to, because I'm more stable now, but wanting to STAY stable-ish, I'm now in the mode where I refuse to eat anything that isn't completely safe if I'm not in the comfort and safety of my own home. So that means carrying a LOT of food and pills with me if I go anywhere.

I'm the same way! Sometimes I'm afraid of offending people, but I figure the odors would be much more offensive if I'm stuck in their bathroom for hours.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Us IBS-ers and our planning! new
      #212772 - 09/12/05 05:01 PM
Maritimer

Reged: 09/07/05
Loc: East Coast Canada

Quote:

As soon as I read the "eh" in your post, I guessed you were Canadian, too! hahaha!! I always contended that I NEVER used that phrase until a recent trip to Michigan when a sales-clerk assumed I was Canadian and asked it I wanted my receipt in the bag or purse for customs!!!
I asked her how she knew I was Canadian and she said because I said "eh"!!!
Good grief...haha!

Anyway...just joined this elite club...wanted to say hello!

you know you are Canadian when you don't even notice the "eh", I had to go back and look for it, didn't even notice!

Re: Haha new
      #212774 - 09/12/05 05:02 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I just give them my 'evil eye!' Truly, though, why 'explain' a thing. I am me and I can do whatever makes me feel safe and secure and comfortable in 'my world.'

Believe me, it's no big deal to bring your own food and most people don't even bother breathing a whisper your way. Although, it would be fun to get into details and just ruin their appetite.

Kate.

Re: Giving people detail new
      #212778 - 09/12/05 05:12 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

...funny you should mention this, as on Friday I finally, reluctantly explained to my new boss the reason for all my recent doctor's appointments. I said I had "tummy troubles". To which he (who is kind of a Mr. Big in my town) proceeds to tell me in detail about his recurrent diarrhea, possible Chrohn's, period he wore a colonstomy bag, etc. etc. And here I was so concerned about grossing him out. Just goes to show, you never know, eh? (yes I'm also from Canada)

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2365

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review