All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy and IBS
      #212306 - 09/10/05 10:17 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

does anyone have any recommendations on incorporating soy into your diet? i find that too much soy constipates me, but i really want to keep it part of my diet since there are many health benefits.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

try this! new
      #212313 - 09/10/05 11:09 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi there
i include quite alot of soy in my diet and while im taking SFS, i personally havent noticed any constipating qualities of the soy stuff i eat.

i would advise to try adding it in slowly--too much might shock your body if youre not used to it.

2nd--add/replace it in simple things: cereal or instead of milk for baking.

if you have a good reaction, keep trying new things! youll find out more and more things that are soy and soy-based and it will become easier for you to know what your body likes/dislikes. i like to add tofu cubes [raw] on top of my salads. also stir-frying tofu w/soy sauce or tomato sauce and serving on top of noodles is really good too. good luck!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: try this! new
      #212328 - 09/11/05 04:56 AM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

I agree with adding it slowly into your diet. I dont seem to have a problem with it- unless I sit and drink more than a serving of soymilk at once. I dont use tofu often, as I suffer from ideas with what to actually do with it to make it yummy! I have however, bought silken tofu and made a pudding with it- added cocoa, stevia(or sugar) and vanilla. also works well adding to to smoothies. or make a pumpkin pudding- silken tofu, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and sweeten to taste with brown sugar or maple syrup.

soy milk goes great with cereals, cooked in oatmeal, in smoothies or just drink alone!

try adding soybeans on top of salads, in rice or pasta dishes, etc.

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review