All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Wind/Kate - Silica ?
      #212218 - 09/10/05 09:15 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I ordered some Silica gel - it says a colloidal preparation of silica in a highly dispersed form -- by Nature's way - 420 mg - 1 tbsp per day.

I tried to take it and it was gross stuff. Thick and sort of sandy tasting. Is this the way yours is? Do you take it with something?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wind/Kate - Silica ? new
      #212243 - 09/10/05 11:53 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, I suppose it is gross! It looks like something you'd fix your house with. I just downed it, and then had a cup of really strong herbal tea WITH HONEY!!! You could mix a little honey in with it, I suppose. It mixes alright with applesauce, I found, as well, if you can't handle it straight up right away. (Another thing is to just hold your nose, i.e. like you're going to jump into water, close your eyes and open your mouth) Have a swig of juice afterwards to shake that "yuck" sensation.

It's amazing--or at least I'm living proof. Last year, I was basically bald. Now, I have a head of hair. My osteopenic bones are stronger, too.

Kate.

Re: Wind/Kate - Silica ? new
      #212247 - 09/10/05 12:32 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

hi kate- was wondering how long it took for you to notice hair growth after starting the silica?

Re: 2 months. new
      #212255 - 09/10/05 01:48 PM
Wind

I noticed regrowth after 2 months. I also upped the intake of vegetable silica in my diet SIGNIFICANTLY and noticed a further acceleration of hair regrowth. So, it's not just the gel itself, but a diet EXCEPTIONALLY high in silica.

I think I keep Cost Co. in business eating their baby spinach like it's going out of style. It's just the most easily digestible form of silica compared to the 'wholegrain' sources of the trace mineral.

Kate.

Is the Silica Supplement safe for IBS? new
      #212268 - 09/10/05 04:16 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How much do you take per day? I want my hair back. But I don't want to mess up my tummy any more than it already is.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Beth new
      #212278 - 09/10/05 05:38 PM
Wind

I started with 3 Tbsp./day, i.e. one @ breakfast, one @ lunch, and one @ supper. I now only take 1 Tbsp./day and EAT TONS of silica.

The interesting thing about silica is that it's in a lot of tummy medicines. If anything it helped soothe my guts, too.

Kate.

Where did you order the silica from? new
      #212297 - 09/10/05 08:01 PM
Augie

I saw some in the HFS and it cost $17.00 for a bottle containing only 13 Tablespoons. This would only last 4 days if I started it at 3 T a day.

Was yours cheaper...including the shipping cost?

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth

kate new
      #212298 - 09/10/05 08:07 PM
Augie

how long did you take it 3 times a day before going down to 1 Tablespoon?

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Where did you order the silica from? new
      #212310 - 09/10/05 11:02 PM
Wind

I buy my collidal silica gel from the HFS. The cost you mentioned sounds right to me.

I also eat A LOT of silica, now. When I say A LOT, I mean I eat Cost Co. 1kg bags of fresh spinach like it's going out of style. (It's nothing for me to go through 4-6/week) I also eat a lot of green beans. Oats, if you can tolerate them, are a really good source. I eat a lot of greens, including watercress, swiss chard. I just find the vegetable sources easier to tummy versus the grain sources.
The gel got me started and I still use it to supplement, but not at the level I started. It's more of a maintenance dose.

The silica stuff is in tons of skin lotions/hair products as well, incidentally.

Kate.

Re: kate new
      #212311 - 09/10/05 11:03 PM
Wind

About 4 or 5 months.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5393

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review