Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Thanks sweetie! new
      #212357 - 09/11/05 09:29 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Or should I call you Popeye!

How do I cook raw spinach and watercress or swiss chard? I usually only buy frozen spinach, but they don't make frozen watercress or swiss chard! How much raw veggie does it take to make one serving?
Good to hear Green beans are a good source..my 2 favorite veggies are spinach and green beans!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I bought mine from new
      #212376 - 09/11/05 12:07 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

iherb.com. It was Nature's Way brand. The one with 33 servings (1 TBSP per serv) was $19.77 and the one with 13 TBSP was $10.17. Orders over $20 are shipped free and you can also get an on-line discount by using the codes on the order page -- just look for them before you submit your order -- and make sure that it doesn't cost you your shipping amount. They ship quickly - if things are in stock -- and you can see that when you order.

Thanks for the ideas! new
      #212377 - 09/11/05 12:09 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I tried it with cinnamon applesauce and I didn't taste it at all.

Beth, LOL! Pop-eye indeed! new
      #212379 - 09/11/05 12:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Cooking fresh raw spinach/greens is just too fast and easy! I simply steam or cook it in a minimal amount of sea salted water (i.e. steam fry/wilt) for less than 3 minutes, then drain and whirl through my food processor. I put herbs in with it--dill and basil (fresh) are my favourite. I suppose one bunch of fresh spinach is a serving. Honestly, I couldn't tell you, but a kilo yields about 3-4 cups pureed.

Lately, I've been making some wild salads and incorporating raw baby spinach with cooked/pureed/herbed baby spinach as a sauce/dressing! I also mix it with the mesculn/spring mix. It's so awesome.

One of my favourite things to do with spinach and green beans is to combine them into one food processed creation. I adapted the idea from www.fatfree.com It's just spinach and green beans cooked together and then food processed/pureed. TOTALLY TUMMY FRIENDLY and highly IBS-safe.

You can consume these things as they are or incorporated into other dishes. Note: generally a fork or spoon can stand up in these things.

Can you eat things like beets? Carrots? Zucchini skins?
Celery? The silica is in the casing of the plant. I know, it's quite hard for IBS'ers to handle the tough/rough stuff unless well blended!!!

I guess I just really like spinach! I know that it will agree with me. I'm trying to eat more protein and I had the most awesome egg white/spinach&herb omelette this morning that actually stayed down and digested pleasantly and palatabley! Wow.

If you need more tips, I'll try and do my best to help, based on my experience.

Good luck Beth--it's so painful to be hairless. I felt so exposed and vulnerable and just crushed and worthless and defeated.

Kate.

Spinach no matter how it is prepared gives me major C. ~nt~ new
      #212380 - 09/11/05 12:44 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

How can any IF cause constipation? new
      #212441 - 09/11/05 06:18 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I thought all IFs helped us go. This diet just gets more and more confusing. Nothing makes sense.

Thanks new
      #212450 - 09/11/05 06:46 PM
Augie

Did you have to pay shipping since the product is 23 cents below $20?

Quote:

-- and make sure that it doesn't cost you your shipping amount

What did you mean by this in regards to using the discounts? Were you eligible for any other discounts besides the "buying on line" one?

You ordered yours just in time because they are out of stock now with no date given for when they will have it again.

Good luck with it! Are you going to take it 3 times a day for 4 or 5 months like Kate did? This could get expensive.

--------------------
~ Beth

Does this one look safe? new
      #212463 - 09/11/05 07:42 PM
Augie

Kate, have you ever tried or seen this one Jarrrow? I saw it in a HFS today and it is more cost effective. I just don't know if it's as good. Any opinions?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: How can any IF cause constipation? new
      #212474 - 09/11/05 07:59 PM
Wind

Perhaps, it is the iron content of spinach that may cause some constipation? Maybe it isn't chewed/broken down effectively enough by the individual? Everyone, I know has 'their hit and miss' list. Maybe the individual isn't consuming enough fluid? Spinach, actually is quite 'acid' in nature and hard to digest.

Kate.

Yup! Looks safe to me--n.t. new
      #212475 - 09/11/05 08:01 PM
Wind

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review