All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Taking Acacia powder on aeroplanes...
      #211955 - 09/09/05 07:18 AM
WelshLady

Reged: 08/25/04

I'm thinking of making a trip to the U.S. next April and need to bring my Acacia with me... but I'm concerned about entering the country with a suspicious looking white powder! I've read other threads a while ago which suggested carrying the Acacia in its original packet in the checked-in luggage?
Is there a chance that the Acacia tablets will be developed by that time?
Thanks
P.S. Am hoping to see New York City, Boston and New England, provided my stomach behaves!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm going to London next week... new
      #211956 - 09/09/05 07:21 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

and plan on taking the 1 lb metal canister of my acacia with me in my checked luggage.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Taking Acacia powder on aeroplanes... new
      #211969 - 09/09/05 08:16 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

If you could find a small container at your local drug store or department store - I found a small, plastic, screw-top container at Wal-mart sold in the make-up/shampoo department and meant for taking small amounts of stuff when you travel - and I packed it in my luggage along with other toiletry items with no problem with airport security. Just a thought. It worked great for me and I had the same exact fear!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: I'm going to London next week... new
      #212105 - 09/09/05 03:00 PM
kristaIBS

Reged: 08/09/05

I think it would be ok. I traveled this summer, and brought in a large baggie some vanilla protein powder. They just scanned it with this thingly at security to see if it was chemical I guess. Anyway, it was no problem. Just in case though, I might pack some extra in your checked luggage.

Re: Taking Acacia powder on aeroplanes... new
      #212142 - 09/09/05 05:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I took acacia to UK this year in pill bottles and it was never checked out. I had one in my purse and one in my carry on. And of course I got back in with some of it too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review