All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia problems
      #211916 - 09/09/05 04:51 AM
bernie14

Reged: 09/09/05

Hi I am new here and have been following the soluble fibre diet with varying success for the last couple of weeks. I have just received my acacia and am taking half a tsp in the morning and one at night. I have only been on it for two days but as soon as i take it my stomach starts rumbling and I have had worse diarrhea since.

What am I doing wrong

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia problems new
      #211920 - 09/09/05 05:17 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

sounds like what happened to me. I am an A and if I get D its normally just really unformed poo, but not watery. I took 1/7th of a tsp of acacia twice and was woken with properly watery diarrhea...it was AWFUL and the worst D I have had my entire IBS history (not including food poisoning)...I concluded that I am allergic or hugely intolerant and now use psyllium which works like a charm - no bloating, no nothing. good luck!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#211922 - 09/09/05 05:24 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Well - you could try halfing how much you are taking -- or increasing it.... however some people just don't tolerate one kind of fiber as well as another. You may need to try a different kind. I couldn't do acacia either -- and ended up on Citrucel -- which doesn't do it for some people.

We're all a little different and our bodies respond to different fibers in different ways.

#211927 - 09/09/05 05:42 AM
bernie14

Reged: 09/09/05

I forgot to say I am in the UK so not sure I can get some of the fibre supps suggested here but will have a look. Not sure whether to persevere with acacia as it does appear to have helped with the pain but made the D worse. Finding it all very frustrating

thanks for the suggestions though

#211930 - 09/09/05 06:03 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hi I'm from the UK too but live in NY now...you can definetly get psyllium..its also called isphalga (or something like that)..

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 945

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review