All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Frequent Bowel Movements from IBS diet
      #211908 - 09/08/05 10:33 PM
IWC

Reged: 09/08/05

I recently began the IBS diet- been lots of squash, ricecakes, rice, papaya, tea. Although my frequent bloating, and gassiness, and lower abdominal pain have not yet crept up, I have been experiencing a frequent need to release my bowels. About every 2 to three hours, I am to the restroom for a brief release. The stool comes out easily enough (in a significant quantity) with a soft, fluffy-looking texture, and an orangish color? Is this supposed to happen? Will this continue to happen? What am I doing wrong?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Frequent Bowel Movements from IBS diet new
      #211919 - 09/09/05 05:15 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

well I would say the orangy colour comes from your papaya and squash and if you are eating lots of light coloured carbs like white bread etc..that will make your stool lighter. the fluffy texture is just, I think, when the stool is a little oversoft. Are you a D normally? Or a C?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

it is the horse phenomenon new
      #212147 - 09/09/05 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

If you eat all veggies and breads you might have to go more, like a herbivore. I find it annoying to go more than once a day but it is healthy. I wouldn't worry about it. I bet it will even out like the excess peeing does after you get used to large quantities of water.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: it is the horse phenomenon new
      #212167 - 09/09/05 08:44 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love it when you use those horse analogies, Little Minnie. And yes, you're right about the clockwork thing! It's not annoying as long as you know there's an appropriate dumping ground.

Kate.

Re: it is the horse phenomenon new
      #212256 - 09/10/05 01:51 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I think that's actually very healthy and detoxifying for your body. and it will settle down soon. it did for me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review