All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hey...another complaint kinda
      #211113 - 09/05/05 05:25 PM
KellyAnn21

Reged: 11/12/04
Loc: PA

Hey..its me again...at college and still stressing. I wasn't going to write because I didn't want to be a pain and you guys to think I was whining..but you are always so nice..so I figured why not. I am still not doing so well..and eating fine. I find myself not eating a lot anymore, mostly out of fear out getting sick.. I can't wait to go home and eat normally,but that won't be until Thanksgivng!! I am worried I'm going to lose a lot of weight...I don't know what I'm asking for..but if you all have any comments..I'd love to hear them. Thanks so much!!

Edited by KellyAnn21 (09/05/05 07:21 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hey...another complaint kinda new
      #211159 - 09/05/05 08:08 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Hi Kelly Ann,
So sorry you are still having problems but really glad your hanging in there. Something I do is keep something really safe like a bagel or dry cereal in my purse to nibble on when my tummy is acting up. My husband is getting ready to have some surgery Wednesday. That will mean being away from my kitchen possibly overnight so I'll put some bagels and cereal and fennel tea bags in my little bag and see how it goes. Getting too hungry will cause my bowels to act up. I'll sure keep you in my prayers and good lucky kiddo!

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#211193 - 09/06/05 05:13 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Hi KellyAnn!

Can you get to a grocery store and keep some things in your dorm room? I'm not a student, but here are some things I keep handy that wouldn't be too hard to keep in a dorm & don't need refrigeration: Thai Kitchen instant noodle soups, individual serve applesauces, Luna bars, oatmeal. If you have a little dorm fridge, you could keep soy milk and carrots, too. Hope that helps! Hang in there.

#211211 - 09/06/05 07:05 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I live in a half a room in a retirement home. The kitchen is closed at 6 p.m. so I always try to keep things to munch on. If i get too hungry I have problems. I munch on dry cereal a lot. I have mix & eat oatmeal and try to get bananas when I can. We can't have a fridge or microwave, so I am limited, but I get by.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#211272 - 09/06/05 11:08 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

KellyAnn,

As a college student, I can definitely relate to your situation. It is so frustrating not being able to be as carefree about eating and food as all your friends and classmates seem to be. Sometimes, it seems easier to just not eat at all than to "risk it" in tough situations. I agree with the other posters that snacks in your dorm room and backpack are a really good idea. Also, have you looked in to getting a fridge or a microwave? I know that if I would have had to rely on the dining hall alone my Freshman year, I probably would have ended up keeling over in all my classes! Seriously, that food can be pretty foul, not to mention the stressful eating environment...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I understand. It may take time, but trust me, you'll adapt. In the mean time, don't be afraid to ask for help ("whining" is what the boards are here for! ) and do your best to nourish your body during this difficult transition.

Take Care,

--------------------
Julia

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 410 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 527

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review