All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Buspar
      #210449 - 09/01/05 11:50 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am getting a prescription for this today...just wondering what other people who are on it think about it.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Buspar new
      #210478 - 09/01/05 03:15 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

all Buspar did for me......was make me loopy and slow, and kind of confused. It did not help my tummy troubles at all.

#210494 - 09/01/05 04:55 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

When I take it--it's a MIRACLE, a godsend. I can do the normal things, simple things that others take for granted.
(Seriously, when I say I have huge GAD...I mean that I'm an agoraphobic hermit who hasn't been out except for food/water in YEARS...and now that task isn't half as evil/terrifying. I took a break and my symptoms escalated, but I'm back on track. I quit my life due to anxiety, panic, OCD.

Re: side effects
It's a 'cleaner' drug than Clonazepam and has a short life in the body. I can focus better on the drug. It hasn't caused weight gain or anything like that. I restarted the stuff, today.

Do a search for more info. If you have any questions, please ask. Good luck.

Kate.

#210498 - 09/01/05 05:09 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Years ago I had panic attacks and until this flood...my uncle being missing and my husband being sent to New Orleans, I have been panic attack free. I asked for attivan as that calms me and allows me to sleep.

Isn't buspar something you take regularly as opposed to "just a rough day"? When I have a panic attack, I have a hard time catching my breat and essentially withdraw a little. I don't have MAJOR symptoms for an extended period of time. I wonder if this is more that I really need?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#210524 - 09/01/05 06:34 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, Buspar is something that you take regularily. It's not narcotic the way Ativan is. I use Ativan for really challenging situations.

I get breathless from panic--literally have more Asthma attacks. My heart skips beats. I sweat. I feel like I'm going to die, lose control, faint. It hits me like a stun gun.

I suppose it's something you should discuss with your doctor. Maybe just at night if you have sleep difficulties?
The beauty of the drug is that you don't have that hangover kind of residue that benzodiopiates have.

So much to consider.

Kate, IBS-D.

#210574 - 09/01/05 10:13 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Poochibelly! Buspar has really helped me get my daily anxiety under control, some of that anxiety was related to IBS.

However, it doesn't do anything for panic attacks; for those times I need to sleep (although Buspar and controlling my anxiety has made it easier to fall asleep, I still have quite a few sleep issues) or am doing something that will trigger an anxiety attack I take a lorazepam (Ativan).

Unlike lorazepam, you have to continously take Buspar; I've been taking 15 mg (7.5 or 1/2 pill twice a day since Feb). Remember that it can take at least FOUR weeks for Buspar to start working. The main side effects I've experience are dizziness, lightheadedness, dry mouth, and crazy dreams.

Best wishes! I hope this med really helps you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 851

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review