All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
wheat thins????
      #209883 - 08/30/05 05:49 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I did a search but cannot tell- are they safe???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wheat thins???? new
      #209884 - 08/30/05 05:52 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I personally have IBS-D and can absolutely not eat anything that has whole wheat in it, so wheat thins are a no-no for me. But I have read in other posts that some of the IBS-C people can munch on wheat thins. So I think it depends on your body.

I would not recommend them.

#209887 - 08/30/05 05:56 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

it doesn't say whole wheat but enriched wheat flour... is that the same thing???

#209892 - 08/30/05 06:01 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

well, enriched wheat flour (means regular white flour) should be okay, if it does not say specificically "whole" wheat. Can you list the other ingredients, because I am confused, because if I remember what a wheat thin looks like, it seems to have something that looks like a whole grain in it.

#210039 - 08/31/05 08:11 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i do okay with them (i'm D, on the mild side, though perhaps in the process of turning A?), but i do believe they have whole grains in them. i try to have them after some SF. make sure you get the reduced fat kind - even those are a little high in fat for ibs, but the regular ones are, of course, worse.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

If I'm not mistaken... new
      #210129 - 08/31/05 11:37 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Wheat Thins have HFCS in them (I think... it's either that or MSG) in which case that would make them NOT safe. I know I've always loved Wheat Thins and was really disappointed when I looked at the ingredients.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: If I'm not mistaken... new
      #210134 - 08/31/05 11:42 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

although it's worth keeping in mind that some people can tolerate hfcs, and in the wheat thins it's in with a lot of SF.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

here are the ingredients new
      #210198 - 08/31/05 01:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ingredients:
Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Defatted Wheat Germ, Sugar, Cornstarch, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt, Malt Syrup, Leavening (Calcium Phosphate, Baking Soda), Vegetable Colors (Annatto Extract And Turmeric Oleoresin), Malted Barley Flour.
they have wheat germ which is IF but yes it seems like a lot of SF too. The reduced fat has 27.6% fat which is still very high and they have HFCS. My choice would be to eat something else.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I think they're also higher in fat -nt- new
      #210225 - 08/31/05 03:25 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3789 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4008

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review