All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Question - Mixing Peppermint & Fennel Tea new
      #21023 - 09/17/03 12:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

1) Has anyone tried mixing peppermint & fennel tea?

2) Would it defeat the purpose of either of them and not be beneficial?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question - Mixing Peppermint & Fennel Tea new
      #21024 - 09/17/03 12:07 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, I remember Sharon (the one who used to be a Recipe Index moderator) mixing the two. I was going to try experimenting with those 2 and chamomile, to try to make up my own Tummy Mint - that's the 3 kinds of tea Celestial Seasonings uses for Tummy Mint.

I'll let you know how I make out!

#21028 - 09/17/03 12:16 PM
Shell Marr

Oh, DUH!! I guess if I would have looked in my drawer here at work I would have thought of that!! LOL

Thanks Mags... this is a great idea. Hopefully Heather will have chamomile some time too.... so I can just get them all from her

--------------------

#21056 - 09/17/03 06:12 PM
*Melissa*

Well, I went to the only place I know of around here that sells bulk tea, and of course they didn't have chamomile. I don't know what I was thinking!

So, I guess I will just try the mix of peppermint & fennel. Maybe Heather will start selling the chamomile and I will buy it from her also!

But, on the plus side, when I went to the store, I found out that they had loose jasmine tea though, so I just had to buy some of that! I love jasmine tea - it smells like you're drinking a bouquet! LOL Of course, I won't have it as often as the others, but it will be a nice treat.

Re: Question About Hot Packs-undies new
      #21073 - 09/17/03 08:45 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

hello again

i wouldn't put a hot pack directly on your skin as you mentioned putting them under your panties because when they come out of the microwave they can be REALLY hot. i wrap mine up in a small towel or piece of cloth. once some of the heat starts to decrease in temp., then you can have direct skin contact.

personally, i do not use the thermacare patches as they can be very pricey and sometimes don't stick as they should. i think if you needed to take a hot pack to work you could probably lean it on your abdomen under your desk and no one would know...this is if you have a desk job. luckily for me i go to class for a few hours a day so i can do without. but i do like them for the commute!

amy

Re: Question - Mixing Fennel Tea to drown the taste new
      #21075 - 09/17/03 08:50 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey Mags - Queen of Blended Teas - any suggestions for blending the fennel to drown out the taste? I also adore jasmine tea. Have you blended it with that? BTW - I remember you suggesting blending different flavours before and I had a blast mixing some. GREAT idea. You're the best!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Question - Mixing Fennel Tea to drown the taste new
      #21089 - 09/18/03 03:53 AM
*Melissa*

Thanks! Glad you had fun with the blending!

This is the first I've really started using loose teas. I'm thinking of trying maybe 3/4 part peppermint to 1/4 part fennel, and see how that goes. Yes, I like to drown out the fennel too. I made some fennel that was too strong the other night, and I barely managed 1/2 cup down.

I haven't tried the jasmine yet, because when I asked the lady at the store if it had caffeine, she said it was blended with some green tea - I know this is probably hardly any caffeine, but I didn't want to try it in the evening just to be safe. I guess I may be able to spare some jasmine in an experiment with fennel - I'd hate to ruin the jasmine though.

Thanks for the warning Amy - nt - new
      #21107 - 09/18/03 08:19 AM
Shell Marr

--------------------

I mixed fennel & peppermint last night YUM new
      #21109 - 09/18/03 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

It was really good. I don't really mind the fennel by it's self.... but I wanted to try it out.......

So, I mixed 1TBL peppermint tummy tea & 1 TBL fennel tummy tea in about 8-10 oz water...... it was nice to have that peppermint taste and be fighting the bloating & gas too !!

I love these tummy teas!!

--------------------

Received Hot Packs & Peppermint Caps Today new
      #21156 - 09/18/03 06:11 PM
Shell Marr

Thank you AGAIN Heather for having these items for us!! I just took my first cap (I love the lid on this bottle, can't lose it)... will see how I do... I will hydrate the hot packs tonight!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review