All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
changing of symptoms
      #209321 - 08/28/05 09:17 PM
ambrella

Reged: 08/08/05
Loc: Perth, Western Australia

When I was younger and first started getting ill, I used to get very bad D attacks and that was all I had, the attacks would come about once a week, but after it was over I'd be totally fine for another week or so until I got another one.

Now, a couple of years later, things have changed, I don't get super bad D attacks anymore, well if I do it's pretty rare. But I have tummy pains and gas all the time, plus urgency.

Why would things have changed? I've not changed my diet or anything like that. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: changing of symptoms new
      #209328 - 08/29/05 12:07 AM
rob n

Reged: 08/18/05
Loc: WA

Welcome ! Not enough info. Seen a doc (or lots of them) and had all the tests necessary to rule out things other than IBS ? No fun, but very necessary. You also don't mention what you eat or remidies tried.

--------------------
Robert IBS-D 6 Yrs

Welcome to getting older new
      #209332 - 08/29/05 04:55 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I agree with Rob - the best idea, especially if you've never had a colonoscopy or the other suggested tests, or if it's been more than a few years, would be to have another thorough checkup to make sure there's nothing else coming into play. If it still turns out to be IBS, chalk it up to your body changing as you get older. That's what happened to me. I was a straight D for the longest time, and as I got out of my teens-to-mid-20s, I shifted to a definite A (alternating C and D).

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

Re: changing of symptoms new
      #209365 - 08/29/05 08:45 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

three years ago I was having diarrhea up to 7 times a day. Now, chronic Constipation, bloat, gas and horrible cramps! And I'm actually eating better now...so who knows! It's totally crazy. Hard to believe it's the same body!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Yes, Symptoms Can Change! new
      #209503 - 08/29/05 12:52 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I suspect IBS symptoms change over time for some people. I've had IBS for 47 years now. Up until age 30, I was a decisive IBS-C. Then I became IBS-A for a few years and since my mid-30s I've been predominantly IBS-D with the potential to be IBS-A if I eat the wrong things!

I used to have frequent painful attacks. Now I rarely get pain anymore except for when I stray from Heather's diet or when I succumb to experimenting with a new food!

Re: Welcome to getting older new
      #209657 - 08/30/05 01:26 AM
ambrella

Reged: 08/08/05
Loc: Perth, Western Australia

I've had all the tests colonoscopy etc, currently seeing a gastroentonologist and trialling medication. The G hasn't actually told me I have IBS, but the colonoscopy report said it was likely. The G says he thinks its something to do with the large amount of antibiotics I had when I was younger.

I have tried trycyclic to relax the muscles and donnatab to take daily and also with the onset of any pain etc - didn't work
Then I tried tazac - made me way too dizzy
Now I am taking a new med which I forget the name of, which is supposed to help produce good gut flora, and buscopan for the onset of pain - so far they don't really seem to be helping

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7008 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1281

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review