All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BBQ Portabello Mushrooms
      #208766 - 08/26/05 09:40 AM
New Cook

Reged: 05/10/05

I recently was given a superb recipe from a cousin that is a great way to do portabello mushrooms. Soak 2-3 medium or 2 large portabello mushrooms in a marinade consisting of 1/2 Cup Virgin Olive Oil; 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar and two tablespoons of either Worcestershire Sauce or Maggi for 3-4 hours turning occasionally. Then on a low to medium flame on a rack in the BBQ (I use propane - easier for me to control heat) about 4 inches above the heat. Start with the fin side down and turn two or three times. You'll know wehn they are down as they get softer, not mushy tho'. I have used both Maggi and Worcestershire and neither affects my IBS-D. Everything in this dish is somewhere in Heather's recipe book with the exception of Worcestershire sauce. Still BBQ weather here in the Rockies until end of Sep and since this is so delicious will do it over and over again - will try broiling on a rack in a pan this winter.Almost forgot remove the stem as they are tough and I trim the skirt a little so that the fins sit flat in the marinade.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Can you post recipes... new
      #208780 - 08/26/05 10:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...on the Recipe Board? That way we know where to look for them...and this sounds great.

Re: Can you post recipes... new
      #208853 - 08/26/05 12:48 PM
New Cook

Linz - am new at this computer business and just learning to get around at 71. I thought I was posting the recipe correctly. If you'll be so kind as to tell me how I'll be glad to do it. And it does taste terrific.
John

How to post of the recipe board new
      #208858 - 08/26/05 12:51 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Hi! I'm not Linz, but hopefully I can come up with an adequate explanation.

If you look at the top of the page in green, there are several links to the various boards here. This one is the IBS Diet board, and is listed on the far left. To the right of that is the IBS Recipes board. Click on that, and post on that board the same way you did this post on the Diet board. It helps keep matters separate and easier to find that way!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: How to post of the recipe board new
      #208876 - 08/26/05 01:41 PM
New Cook

Thanks, Melissa for helping me out. Will post correctly shortly. John

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review