All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dumb & Dumber
      #208608 - 08/25/05 05:48 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I must enjoy hitting my head against the wall until I hear the squishy sounds! I have been following Heather's diet since May with really good results controlling my IBS/D. Two days ago DH and I went out to dinner and I ate some not so safe foods but they didn't cause much damage to my gut. Well you can guess that when we were invited to a dinner the next night I foolishly felt emboldened by the night before and took another stroll down the dangerous table of outrageous fatty foods. Then this morning DH bought some bakery goods that are about 85% FAT. As soon as I gorked out on one of those that squishy feeling from hitting my head against the wall became acute!!!

OK, now all that's out on the table and I can get my act together again to straighten out the last few days indulgence. Does anyone else just take a walk on the wild side just to test the waters? I am back to the tons of food I keep in the frig and pantry that are completely safe and keep me feeling healthy and whole again. Thanks for listening to my jibber jabber.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dumb & Dumber new
      #208620 - 08/25/05 07:05 PM
rob n

Reged: 08/18/05
Loc: WA

Hi Franny. I too have to test the waters. Last was one of my old TV dinners. Did'nt follow Heather's advice and clean the pantry and fridge of evil. Felt like superman. Later same day had one of those cute little nostalgic Cokes. Yep, superman did'nt pay just once for these items..they did'nt stay me very long at all. We 're-learn' don't we?

--------------------
Robert IBS-D 6 Yrs

#208632 - 08/25/05 08:16 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I hear ya. One weekend earlier this summer I had a nice fizzy refreshing orangey pop one day and the next, some sweet, lard-ilicious bakery frosting and cake, and then a lovely attack that Sunday.

And earlier this month, I had maybe 1/2 cup of lettuce and paid about 20 hours later. Got to stay at work a whole extra hour and a half for that one because I was afraid to leave the building.

#208726 - 08/26/05 07:32 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yep, my last stupid move was to eat a sandwich *smothered* in mayo when a coworker brought it into work last Spring. Mayo had never seemed to bother me before, but this did. I had to leave work early and have another teacher cover my classes. Not fun.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#208734 - 08/26/05 07:51 AM
doer30

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: canada

yes I do that and end up regreting it as it ends up in D or puking . I go to do grocery shopping and then you see all the good stuff but not goin to get any due to the after effects and specialy if you are not at home and you get sick ughh .Happened to me at a restraunt and ended up puking in the bathroom.
laurie

--------------------
laurie
constipation , bloating and pain, wf and dairy

Misery loves company, thanks guys...nt new
      #208793 - 08/26/05 10:17 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Edited by franny (08/26/05 10:18 AM)

#208934 - 08/26/05 03:35 PM
Dusa

Reged: 09/05/03

I do it all the time! And I even plan for IBS. I will eat the bad food on occasion and plan enough time to get home for the aftermath. My husband just loves those date nights, ha ha!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1454 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review