All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just Wondering!
      #208557 - 08/25/05 02:38 PM
StacyT

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: IL

I am new to the board and was just curious if there is a chat room for IBS? Don't get me wrong I love the msg board, but thought maybe a chat room would be a lot of help to people who need help quickly and don't want to wait for replies to their post or they could do both, post and chat. Also I thought a chat room would be a good place for people to get to know each other if they so wished. Just a thought. I have looked here to find a chat room link but I am either not looking in the right place or there isn't one tied to this site.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and Hello to all!

Hope this post finds everyone having a pain free day!

God Bless!
Stacy Troutman
Life is not measured by how many breaths
we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away.

--------------------
Life isn't measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just Wondering! new
      #208559 - 08/25/05 02:42 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Well I just did a search on google. There seems to be alot of chat rooms but I think some have certain times where everyone gets on and chats. Some were www.healingwell.com and www.ibsgroup.org. Hope this helps, but I see what you mean it would be great if there was a chat room 24 hrs a day!

#208613 - 08/25/05 06:20 PM
StacyT

Thanks so much for the info on the chat rooms. I checked
them both out and I see they are scheduled for certain
times. Which is good because that way you don't go there
all the time and no one is ever there.

I really appreciate that you took the time to find those
chat rooms. I feel a little bad that I didn't just do a search myself. Sorry. I was hoping that this site was
connected with a chat room. Hey, maybe some day soon.

I have some questions, but I have had a rough couple of weeks but I am feeling better and can hardly wait to read back in the msg archives and get to understand this disease from the people who are true experts here. I feel very blessed that I found this site. What an awesome job the people behind this website have done.

Again, thanks.
Stacy Troutman
our breath away.

--------------------
Life isn't measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

#208679 - 08/26/05 04:59 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

If this site had a chat room no one would ever get any work done we'd be yapping all day.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Stacy new
      #208719 - 08/26/05 07:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If it was you that posted on the Living Room about this, PLEASE don't repeat posts...it gets VERY confusing. Plus you now have to go to two forums to get your replies!

#208787 - 08/26/05 10:13 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

I have some questions, but I have had a rough couple of weeks but I am feeling better and can hardly wait to read back in the msg archives and get to understand this disease from the people who are true experts here. I feel very blessed that I found this site. What an awesome job the people behind this website have done.

Reading back in the message archives can be a lot of fun - I actually started with the first messages and worked my way forward for a while.

To get a real handle on Heather's diet, however, I'd suggest you start with her Website outside the Boards. The Boards are great and I'd hate to be without them, but they deal a lot with the Diet at the fringes, where people can "cheat" a little with trigger foods or explain they can't eat something Heather considers safe. I started with just what Heather had to say, both from this Website and from her books, and I think that's the best way to get a clear picture of her Diet.

HTH. Enjoy your chat rooms.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Stacy new
      #208966 - 08/26/05 05:37 PM
StacyT

Linz;
I am so sorry for posting twice. I am new here and did not realize that you should only post once.
I wasn't sure which area was the right place for my question. Again, I am sorry. I will make sure it doesn't happen again.

God Bless
Stacy Troutman
our breath away.

--------------------

Welcome Stacy new
      #208974 - 08/26/05 06:19 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Don't worry, you'll get used to using the boards! Just wanted to welcome you to the boards!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Stacy new
      #209053 - 08/27/05 07:41 AM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi Stacy, I hope you get all the info that you need. I have had IBS for over nine years so if you ever need to talk..just ask me!lol My IM screenname is KelseyGr if you have AOL instant messanger.
It was no problem for me to search for those websites..dont mind at all.

Re: Welcome Stacy new
      #209192 - 08/28/05 06:06 AM
StacyT

Beth;
Thank you for the welcome. I am learning as I go here.
This site is amazing... And so are the people here.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

God Bless
Stacy Troutman

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 895 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review