Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Cure for IBS?
      #208526 - 08/25/05 01:22 PM
Ballinsw

Reged: 08/25/05

I just finished researching a website at www.ibsfree.com
I found the link it at www.IBSgroup.org
It says you can be rid of IBS in 30 days. It looks alright and they're not asking for money for a book or anything like that which I get really suspect about. I mean, if you got IBS and you find a cure, then why would you want to sting others who are going through the same thing! I really am sick of feeling this way. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of it before!? This is a great site btw.
Wilson

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

From the looks of things... new
      #208534 - 08/25/05 01:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

First of all, there is NO CURE for IBS. Period. The best you can do is manage your symptoms effectively, which is totally possible. That said...

"Step 3" isn't there, so I don't know for sure, but most of the advice there is the exact same advice that Heather gives here on the site. The only difference is that they leave a few things out that are key to stabilizing your IBS - most notably, the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber foods. But also, I think that their idea to eat 3 times a day, no snacks, is crap. If you're eating small meals, as they recommend, you NEED those snacks in between or you're not going to be consuming enough calories to keep your body going.

I also don't agree that everyone needs to avoid gluten. Celiac disease and gluten intolerance can be tested for. If you don't have it, you don't need to avoid gluten.

But their advice for eating smaller meals, and for what foods to eliminate from your diet, is sound advice. You'll also want to eliminate excess oils and fats in all food... not just avoiding fast food, but salad dressings and marinades, oil and margarine in recipes, and things like that are all culprits as well.

So now that I've rambled on - the basic gist is that while their information isn't bad, you'd probably be helped a lot more by following the advice here on this site and in Heather's books, which is a lot more detailed. You won't be "cured", but you will get your symptoms under control as long as you stick with it, which is as close as you're going to get to a cure. I can vouch for it personally, and I know there's quite a few people around here who can as well.

Re: From the looks of things... new
      #208541 - 08/25/05 01:58 PM
Ballinsw

Wow, how did you manage to read their whole site in 5 minutes! Thanks for the review. I know there is no cure but maybe that was my poor choice of words. The site doesn't not say cure. My mistake.

Re: From the looks of things... new
      #208543 - 08/25/05 02:16 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi, I totally get where you are coming from. I know that people have been saying that there is "no cure" for IBS but I just think that they havent found a "cure" yet and it may still be out there, who knows. This site sounds good to me and I am always open for anything. I have been taking Digestive Advantage(which alot of people dont believe in) but I love it and it has been doing wonders for me with no side effects. I am C and since I have been on DA I have only had on D attack which was last night and I had not taken it before I went out to eat and pigged out!lol If you decide to give this site a try let me know how it goes! If it doesnt cost anything that is awesome!

I'm a speedreader new
      #208544 - 08/25/05 02:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

But actually, I skipped to the "steps" - got right to the heart of what they're saying will work to eliminate the symptoms.

I wasn't knocking your choice of words, by the way. It seemed to me that if they didn't expressly say it, then they were at least strongly implying that they had a cure for IBS. Which they don't. But it's ok, because they're really not too far off base.

Welcome, by the way! I should have said that in my first reply.... always nice to have new faces around here! I hope you'll stick around and get to know us!

I hope your right SC new
      #208548 - 08/25/05 02:27 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I hope they just haven't found the cure yet. Big emphasis on yet . I would go into debt any amount of money for the cure.

Re: We can all hope!:)-nt new
      #208555 - 08/25/05 02:34 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Re: We can all hope!:)-nt new
      #208590 - 08/25/05 03:41 PM
Ballinsw

I emailed Tony at ibsfree.com and he just phoned me!
Spoke to him for about ten minutes. I told him about me finding this site and my post here and how I heard about him from another IBS group ibsgroup.org. He said he doesn't have all the answers and said it's not a cure because IBS is different for everybody but he wanted to share his experience. Cool guy!
And I'm gonna try it. Won't cost me nothing.
And I just found out Pectin is a no no for IBS. And it's in mint jelly. My favorite..grrr

What is the "program"? new
      #208596 - 08/25/05 04:27 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Is it information you download or supplements or what exactly is this "program" that you are going to try? Does he send you a diet to follow, or what?

Re: What is the "program"? new
      #208602 - 08/25/05 05:13 PM
Ballinsw

I see what you mean. I've just spent the last hour trying to get a calendar ready for tomorrow. I'm not real good on excel. I think the program is not really a program. It's just about putting it all together in one 30 day run. Pow! I'm not going to knock it but I will email and ask him for some recipes anyhoo.
Wilson

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2977 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review