Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: no, you're not making me feel worse! new
      #209732 - 08/30/05 08:36 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

that's not possible! No, seriously, it does help to talk about it. If nothing maybe that's 15 minutes less DH has to hear about my bowels.

Good point. I guess he owes us, then.

As far as your diet, it looks safe enough to me. I assume the mashed potatoes have no dairy and that you've tried the straight Break The Cycle diet at least once with no better results. I have yet to attempt peanut butter myself, but I know a lot of people on the Board can eat the reduced fat stuff with no trouble.

Quote:

I have become such an obsessive label-reader that when I was looking for shampoo, I picked up the bottle and read the ingredients, and then put it back because it had sorbitol in it.

LOL. Although I suppose it's not really all that funny.

I'm plumb out of ideas. I don't know whether to hope your colonoscopy turns up something - not serious and fixable - or not. I do hope you and your GI find an answer.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'll third that- new
      #209777 - 08/30/05 11:07 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

my doctor thought it was awesome how I've felt afterwards!(save for this summer and the attacks when I wasnt EATING THE DIET!!)lol!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#209864 - 08/30/05 04:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

no dairy in the mashed potatoes! They are instant, but with no bad stuff in them. I just add water to keep them fat-free. No milk or margarine.

I didn't eat PB for a long time -- maybe the first six months? It doesn't make me feel noticeably worse. I am a PB junkie so maybe I am in denial. I don't eat a lot of it anyway, just because it's so high in fat and a tiny scraping of PB on a cracker is so unsatisfying.

Yes, I've been on the BTC diet many times! In fact, most days what I eat is very BTC-ish. Today I've had ff saltines, applesauce, and some plain baked potatoes.

I doubt that the second colonoscopy will find anything. I'm pretty sure that the GI will say, yup, it's IBS, now how about some of these nice anti-depressants?

Oh well. Such is life. I am really hoping that once I get pregnant I'll become C. pregnancy as an IBS aid??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#209880 - 08/30/05 05:41 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm having a colonscopy and endoscopy on Thursday (a "double dip" as my GI so cutely calls it) and one of the things my GI is going to look for is "microscopic colitis". You might make sure your GI is going to check for it during your colonoscopy. (One mildly fringey Website I found believes that is somehow related to gluten intolerance and possibly to other autoimmune diseases like arthritis and fibro.)

Pregnancy as an IBS aid seems a little extreme to me, but if you're looking to get pregnant anyhow, I hope pregnancy makes your IBS behave - sort of a side benefit to counteract the other, less positive physical changes that come with pregnancy.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3342 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17968

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review