Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling low , what's a girl to do! IBS-D and Menopause
      #20816 - 09/15/03 09:46 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Hi everyone,
need to vent, My safe foods are soooo limited right now.
I miss fruit! can only eat bananas safely.
I miss salad and crunchy veggies.
Can only tolerate Cooked veggies, white rice fish and turkey.
Thank goodness for this site, all of you and Heather and her cookbooks.
Also limited on spices and flavorings I can add, just a bit of garlic powder, also soy sauce, and salt.
Over a year ago I could eat many more things safely.
But since menopause almost everything seems to be unsafe.
Had a road trip with my sister 2 weeks ago and I ate only white rice, bananas, soy milk cooked veggies and fish. Day before trip I was chained to the bathroom all morning and day we were to head back home same problem. Meant we got a late start back home. Sigh even when I'm extra careful, I have to pay for it!
Well, I'm proud of myself for making the trip 800 miles to oregon, couldn't miss my Mom's 70th birthday.
Everyone had Birthday Cake but me, I didn't care I sipped my Mint tea and talked with family.
I'm hopeing when menopause ends my IBS is easier but when that will be who knows.
Menopause can last 2years, 5 years or longer!
Well, that's enough venting.
Hope everyone is doing well and remembering to laugh a little everyday.
Today I watched 7 quail scurry across the road and into our yard. they are such elegant looking creatures
but look so funny when they run!
Paintlady

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling low , what's a girl to do! IBS-D and Menopause new
      #20827 - 09/16/03 03:49 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey PL - It feels good to vent sometimes, and we're always here for you.

Good for you for traveling so far - especially with D! I don't know if I could have done it.

I hope the menopause works itself out and you start feeling better soon.

#20832 - 09/16/03 05:25 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

paintlady, Ahh, the joys of menopause. I am fast approaching 42. My mom was completely finished with menopause at 46. I wonder what MY future holds. I don't know, does IBS improve after menopause? Maybe Heather could answer that one for us. from a fellow watercolorist

#20859 - 09/16/03 10:59 AM
paintlady

Loc: Columbia, CA

Thanks to all the replys and comforting words.
I use Imodium when I travel It works for the day, but hate to use it long term, have in the past(full time job) and after awhile have to increase the doseage again and again as my body adjusted and required more medication for same results and then had to quit my job so depressing, It was a good job.
I made Heather's Pumpkin bread today so have special treat to eat today ( I decreased the oil from 3/4 to 1/2 cup and use only cinnamon for the spice can't handle ginger)
I make half the recipe as muffins and just 1 loaf)
Oh I just realize forgot to add cinnamon spice as spice I can eat in safe foods on original post here.
Everyone is so great here at this site.
Thanks everyone,
Hi fellow watercolorist,
what is your favorite subject to paint?
Mine is landscapes and flowers.
Paintlady

#20861 - 09/16/03 11:13 AM
Nugget

Hi Paintlady...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad right now. I can't help with the menopause because I haven't yet gone through it (although at 35 I think my cycle is beginning to change already and my GYN said that also).

I am an IBS-D, too. I know how stressful those road trips can be. Thank goodness for Imodium. My husband and I just took a road trip for five days and luckily I didn't have too much trouble.

I read your bio....I am an artist/Graphic Designer, too. I make my living with graphic design....but, I'd rather do more on the fine arts side. I love to do portraits and wildlife in colored pencil. I haven't taken the time to draw though for almost 7 years now. I really wish I had more time to devote to it. I miss it. I also like working with Polymer Clay. I make light switch plate covers.

Get to feeling better, soon

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3566 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review