All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1st day of school attack
      #207452 - 08/22/05 10:23 AM
ibssara1103

Reged: 07/31/05
Loc: Pgh. PA

So today was my 1st day back to school, there i am sitting in my 1st class with unbearable bowel pains! I wanted to scream out loud in pain. The room was fairly small, desks too close together. So when i couldn't take the pain anymore, i proceeded to squeeze through some people to make an escape to the bathroom! Ugh!!! I hate having IBS-C. I even did and ate my normal 1 piece of toast w/peanut butter, cup of herbal green tea, my glass of yucky SF and a bottled water inbetween. I don't know, maybe it was my nerves. But, bot did i want to die right then and there...

Embarressing 1st day, Sara IBS-C

--------------------
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 1st day of school attack new
      #207455 - 08/22/05 10:28 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

I though I was the only one who had this problem. I hate sitting in classes where my mind can sit and race.

#207548 - 08/22/05 04:38 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry your first resulted in PAIN! It's horrible when you're stuck somewhere that's crowded.

It probably was nerves, but could it also be having to sit at a desk? They're not the most comfortable position for someone with abdominal pain. Have you tried wearing a heat patch? Also, are you allowed to take beverages to class? Maybe you could take some hot peppermint tea with you?

I hope the rest of your week is pain free.

#207554 - 08/22/05 04:47 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I empathize with your first day of school attack. I cannot tell you how many I've had! It's definitely stress/nerves/anxiety/excitement. I know all of my muscles constrict when I'm in a new environment. I'm literally on the edge of my seat. I university, I always sat near the door so that I could make a marathon exit to the loo! (I went to The University of Waterloo, which is nicknamed the Loo!)

What kinds of comforts can you take to class? We were always allowed to bring beverages. I cannot tell you how much herbal tea I drank to settle my nerves. Maybe some topical aromatherapy oil? "Rescue Remedy" Bach flower tincture/spray? I'm combing my brain!!! Are you doing any hypnosis/meditation? Some visualization is definitely in order.

I'm sure you'll get in the rhythm of things--hopefully you can set yourself up for a better second class!

Kate.

#207634 - 08/22/05 08:09 PM

Unregistered

Aww I definitely understand your pain. And not only are you miserable about an attack while in class, but public restroon stalls aren't exactly the best retreat.

Good luck on your 2nd day! I'll be thinking of you on mine tomorrow.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review