All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Help! REALLY severe bloating and gas- What's a girl to do?
      #20666 - 09/14/03 08:00 AM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Is there anything else I can do for bloating and gas? Here's what I'm doing each day:
Stretching, yoga. I brew 8 heaping tsp. fennel 6 times a day. I drink 6 tsp. lemon juice in hot tea 6 times a day. I eat a little piece of banana for water retention. I brew 3 peppermint tea bags 6 times a day. I bathe with 1 cup. salt once a week to reduce bloat. I swallow 3 ultra strength Phazymes capsules 3 times a day. I eat 2 pieces crystalized ginger at each meal 6 times a day. What I do is eat a piece during and after a meal. I put a hot water bottle on my tummy. Is there anything else I can do? I was taking digestive enzymes but it made gas and bloating worse so I stopped but it's only a little better. Oh yeah I also eat 2 peppermint Altoids before and after meals.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! REALLY severe bloating and gas- What's a girl to do? new
      #20670 - 09/14/03 09:34 AM
Brenton

Reged: 08/27/03
Loc: Yorkshire, England

I feel for you, ineed the same help, I am Loosing weight but getting bigger around the tummy!!!

brenton

#20673 - 09/14/03 11:46 AM
till

At least your losing weight. I'm trying to lose 5 lbs. and it's taking forever!

#20807 - 09/15/03 07:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Angel, it sounds like you're taking every anti gas thing imaginable. I couldn't keep up with a schedule like that.
Some people have a lot of luck with gas products like Gas-X or Beano. I haven't tried either, but something to consider.

What I really think is the problem is not what you're taking for the bloating but what's causing it. What foods are you eating? Are you avoiding all trigger foods? Carefully incorporating in insoluble fiber??? How are you preparing your foods, and when are you eating and how much. These things should all be considered.

You also might consider not drinking too much while eating - it can interfere with digestion. By all means, have a drink when eating but try to do most of your teas between meals. With all the tea you drink I would think you'd be going to the bathroom for another reason! (lol - teasing)

Try to review the trigger foods and how to eat in the dietary guidelines on this website. Maybe there's something you're missing. Finally, make sure you chew your food well and eat slowly. Gulping and chomping only make matters worse.

Let me know how you are doing.
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#20931 - 09/16/03 05:20 PM
till

I eat very carefully. I started Probiotics days ago. It's suppose to help gas, and pain. I know how to add insoluble fiber carefully. I can't have Gas-x since it has calicium in it and it made me severely c which I course gave me more gas. I don't eat gassy foods. I tried Beano and it didn't help at all. I'm going to get Bifidus so hopefully it will take the bloating away and pain. Something has to help. I'm dying here.
I drink tea after meals. I'm retaining so much water it's horrible. My stomach is so bloated beyond belief. I look I swallowed a balloon whole!I hope your doing well.

#20934 - 09/16/03 06:04 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

Angel, I can definately relate. I missed 2 1/2 days from work and ended up in the hospital for a high enema last week because of gas bloat pain and C. I am still trying to figure out my trigger foods. It is a long process and sometimes it doesn't matter what I eat everything is a trigger and I have to eat the BRAT diet. Heather talks in her book about when you are in the middle of a very difficult attack to eat the mildest soluble fiber diet until your gut settles and then slowly add things in one at a time. I have the best luck with white rice and bannans (of course) and grahmn crackers. I was starting to do okay and then I had a ham and cheese on white bread sandwich for dinner tonight and I'm like a balloon. I did not make a good choice and now today is not a good day. Best to you.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#20940 - 09/16/03 06:42 PM
till

I eat so carefully and everytime I eat I get so bloated and get tons of gas. It's so horrible I can't handle it..
Take Care

#20953 - 09/16/03 08:48 PM
m1khaela

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I wish I could help but I'm in the same boat--I was so proud of myself for carefully eating the IBS diet the last few days but the bloating and gas are the same as ever and I just feel miserable... hope things get better for you soon, you're not alone!

#21065 - 09/17/03 06:48 PM
maryhoe

Reged: 09/17/03
Loc: Illinois

I'm new at this game-but could you be taking too many supplements?

#21074 - 09/17/03 08:46 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Angel - I really feel for you! I wish I could help somehow. What's Probiotics and what's Bifidus? Can you fill me in?
My only other suggestion is let us know what you're eating, and maybe we can suggest SOMETHING that will help. Maybe there's a hidden trigger (I often miss them myself), or maybe we can suggest a different way to prepare it? I'm grasping at straws here but I really want to help if I can.
As for the bloating - I am the queen of elastic waistbands. What can I say? It's so frustrating!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1458 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1947

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review