All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #206569 - 08/18/05 04:09 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I have been on this diet for about 5 months now. I try to sneak in veggies and other foods but end up sick. I basicly eat rice, potatoes, carrots (cooked of course), plain chicken or turkey, and noodles. I've recently tried tofu too. I know I need much more. Fruits reak havic even if they are blended. Oh yeah I try to sneak in soy yogurt too. I'm losing quite a bit of hair too! I'm very frustrated! Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #206776 - 08/19/05 11:39 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Have you tried fish? Sweet potatoes? Mangoes?

You might want to look up the list of totally safe foods and see if you can add any of those. And are you on a SFS? That will (probably!) help you stabilize...

--AC

I agree with AC.... new
      #206905 - 08/20/05 12:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...try including the full range of SF and safe protein foods to start with. And then try the safer IF foods...cooked zucchini (esp. in cinnamon zucchini bread) is great. Berries, even in smoothies, can be very troublesome.

Re: Help! new
      #206978 - 08/20/05 01:16 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi--
i was losing a lot of hair too!! i was shocked at how much would be in my drain after a shower are you underweight for your age/height? im 20--and weight 100 lbs @ 5'3". i kept to a similar diet as you, including rice dishes w/veggies for dinner but i kept on losing hair! have you had your blood/vitamin levels checked? i had mine done to see if i was anemic since i follow a vegan/organic diet; vegans lose alot of b12 which is primarily in dairy/meat.

what kind of symptoms do you experience when you get "sick"? if you mean bloat/gas after fruits--try changing them up a bit? i used to eat an apple *every* day b/c i thought it was the one safe thing i could promise myself--and when i recently went on vacation to europe, i replaced my apple with fresh farm-peaches and noticed a bigger difference. also something you might try is: making a smoothie out of fruit and your soy yogurt! i used this brand of dairyfree/organic soy that had a lemon flavor, and blended froz.blueberries and a tiny vanilla extract and it was very good i mixed heathers acacia in it too and found it controlled the nagging symptoms my IBS-C usually gave me.

i hope that helps some!! see if its easier to find some newer safe foods so you dont feel so trapped in one menu! and if youre having C problems--i very-much recommend Psyllium as a fiber-supp. ones w/vegetarian capsules are the best! peace

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review