Pages: 1
Feeling scared
      #205399 - 08/14/05 12:11 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Hi All
I posted a few days ago under Help!

I'm starting to feel scared now because I've never had D with my IBS before. I used to get softer bm's but nothing like this.

It's only in the mornings but I get bad D almost everyday It's ruining my life I cant go out in the mornings now

I'm totally confused about what I'm doing with my food.

Please can someone give me some guidence as to where I am going wrong as I feel desperate.

This is what I have on a normal day, please pick at it and tell me what to change to fit in with the IBS diet:

Breakfast: 1/2 t-spoon of acacia
2 slices of white toast with soya marg on.

Lunch: a sandwich made with white bread, soya marg, egg and light mayo

Snack: Salt and Vinegar Snack a jacks

Dinner: Fish or chicken or a veggie thing with mash potato made using some extra virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables cooked till soft and a little tomato sauce. I sometimes have gravy is that bad?

Thats about it I dont have the same everyday, sometimes I will have pasta for lunch and sometimes I make my own chips with extra virgin olive oil and baked in the oven.

Are my meals too big?
I have the ibs recipe book and know what types of foods to eat but Im struggling to learn how to change what I currently eat to fit in with it.

I'm eating white bread by Hovis a well known brand who have just added more whole wheat into the bread could this be making me sick?
What sort of breads should I eat?

Acacia: I've been taking it for about 5 days now am I taking the right amount and when should I increase it to 1/2 t-spoon twice a day?

Please can someone help me??
Niki
xxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling scared new
      #205407 - 08/14/05 01:13 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Hey Niki. Hang in there. D in the mornings is a big problem for a lot of people. Sounds like you're an A (alternating constipation and diarrhea). You may want to be careful with whole wheat, and mayonnaise and eggs especially. Go back and read about Heather's diet if you have more questions.

I too have D in the mornings (bad at times) but I've found that a dose of acacia before bed has really significantly helped the next day. You might also check out the permanent post at the top of this board about fiber and increasing dosages. Hang in there and know we've all been through the same thing. Good luck!

#205424 - 08/14/05 02:30 PM
Niki J

Thanks Passanie!
Niki
xxx

#205429 - 08/14/05 03:21 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hi niki
I had ibs C - pure C - for nine years and then last year, it went to D..I am now an A. I felt utterly panicked, scared etc from the sudden change to D..I was really at home with the C! You should be careful with eggs and mayo by the way.
As a side point...acacia gave me explosive D...awful..and it was only 1/7th of a tsp...so much as I hate to take business from Heather..the acacia may not be agreeing with you. I am taking psyllium (which disagrees with most people) - and it agrees pretty well with me!
Good luck.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#205430 - 08/14/05 03:25 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I had really bad D in the mornings also. It helps for me to eat something immediately when I wake up to stabilize my stomach. I eat oatmeal (with a touch of brown sugar), and white toast or bagel with some "safe" jelley, and a cup of peppermint tea. I don't take my fiber until right before I eat lunch.

Go easy on the soy margarine, light mayo, and eggs. They can be troublesome if you aren't completely stable. Also, gravy is bad, I can't think of anything safe about gravy. And the tomatoe sauce might be too acidic.

Also, I cannot tolerate whole wheat at all. Not even on a stable day. I tried the 80% white flour, 20% whole wheat flour bread, and even that hurt. Whole wheat is bad, just stop it.

Here is my typical diet that keeps me stable.

Breakfast: oatmeal, some type of white or oat toast, peppermint tea

Snack: honey combs cereal or animal crackers

Lunch: soluble fiber supplement, piece of chicken breast, with pasta, zuchinni, and carrots, and a little bit of olive oil and a piece of french bread, water

snack: zuchinni or pumpkin bread

Dinner: usually something involving chicken or turkey, bread, baked sweet potatoe, mango smoothie, and peppermint tea

That is not what I eat every day, but that is an example. I also take peppermint caps after breakfast, right before I leave the house. Or if I am feeling a little fluttery, I take 1 immodium AD.

Just be careful with the amount of fats you're eating and peppermint tea really is a miracle.

#205440 - 08/14/05 05:18 PM
Leslie123

Reged: 06/12/05

When I started the diet the D got worse, and I was taking Acacia 1/2tsp twice a day. I then reduced it to 1/4 tsp only per day and increased it very slowly by 1/4 tsp every week or even 2 weeks - the D has got better and I now feel I am stabilizing although I am only up to 3/4 tsp twice day.

#205496 - 08/15/05 03:52 AM
Niki J

Thanks for the advice!

I took some acacia before I went to bed last night and this morning my bm was normal. I still have gas but least no D as yet!

I will stop the bread and change to fresh instead

Thanks again
Niki
xxx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1217

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review