Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #204818 - 08/12/05 02:40 AM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Hi All
Well I'm feeling pretty down. In the last couple of weeks I've cut right back on the junk I was eating and barely having any now, I've been eating IBS Safe recipes from Heathers book and some from the web site.
I've also replaced frozen veges to fresh as they seem to taste so much better however since making these changes I've gone from IBS~A to IBS~D and it's always in the mornings.
My tummy doesnt seem to like peppermint caps anymore either as the last 2 times Ive had them the night before the next day I've had bad D in the morning.

It's stopping me from going out now coz it's always in the mornings when I need to get ready to go out and takes till about lunch time to settle.

I started taking Acacia a few days ago and the first couple of days it really helped and then yesterday I think I must have overeaten as I took some this morning and I've had the worst D ever.

I've only been taking the acacia 1/2 a t~spoon once a day is it too soon to increase it to 2 times a day and say have one before my evening meal or should I take it before bed??

You advice would be so much appreciated.
What do you all do when you have D? Do you take anything or still go out?? I'm worried to go out as I obviously couldnt eat anything and I don't like to go out having had nothing to eat as I get dizzy if I dont eat so hence I've had to stay in.
I feel bad that Im having to let people down a lot because I can't go out

Please help!
Niki
xxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #204846 - 08/12/05 06:50 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time.

My schedule for acacia was start with 1/4 teaspoon once a day, then increase by 1/4 teaspoon every 3 days.

You can try Imodium to help with the D. When I was at my worst, I took 1 tablet about 2 hours before going out, then another tablet about an hour before going out. Some people take it as a preventive measure. For example, one tablet first thing every morning and one last thing at night. If that's too much, you can try 1/2 tablet twice a day. Since you started out C, you may swing back to that, so it will be a bit of a balancing act to figure out how to keep yourself centered.

You can try eating nothing but soluble fiber - maybe the Break The Cycle diet - for a few days. That will help calm everything down and let you start with a clean slate. At that point, add back in IF, safe protein, and some fat very carefully. Again, since you started at C and have now gone to D, this will be a balancing act to get enough IF to prevent the C while making sure to get enough SF to get your gut calmed down.

Even after you start eating IF, fat, and protein again, you might want to stick to just SF first thing in the morning. I start my days with 1/2 cup of applesauce with 1 teaspoon of acacia so my digestive system starts up gently.

HTH. Feel better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#204882 - 08/12/05 07:50 AM
Niki J

Hi
Thanks so much for your reply. Do you think I have been eating too much IF and thats why I'm becoming D?

Niki
xxx

#204909 - 08/12/05 08:59 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't know. Your D might have been triggered by too much IF or, if you're still eating some junk food, possibly by too much fat. It's also remotely possible you're having a reaction to the acacia - a handful of people on the Board don't seem to tolerate it well. Going back to the BTC diet seems like a good place to start. If you still have D after a few days on that, maybe you should consider stopping the acacia. Or, stop the acacia now and do the BTC diet. Once you're stable, try the acacia again. If your D flares up, it might be the acacia. In that case, you can try a different SFS.

Unfortunately, there's just no definitive answer for what works for each of us - Heather's guidelines are a great place to start, but you'll have to do a little tweaking to fit your own situation.

HTH. Good luck.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#204964 - 08/12/05 10:49 AM
Niki J

Hi
Thanks so much. I don't think it is the acacia because I had bad d last week and I wasnt taking it then.

I will try your suggestions!
Thanks
Niki
xxx

#205010 - 08/12/05 12:59 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i feel for you....i get d on a drop of a hat....i take immodium...ususally 2 tablets when it seems to be really bad, but one if it just seems to need a little taming....whats i've read too, it's normal to have alot of bm in the morning, because your digestive system is resting when you are asleep as well....and since you said you just sorta started with the heather's diet thing, your body is reajusting, i know when i started it i was really gassy, because i wasn't use to the fiber and such....but i have most of it under control....

hope thats somewhat helpful.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7099 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 715

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review