All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Rye Bread? new
      #202816 - 08/05/05 10:14 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I'm not sure about rye bread, but I eat low-fat rye crackers all the time with nary a problem, and I'm IBS-D. If you have a sensitivity to wheat, then rye would be a better choice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rye Bread Is Not the Safest Bread new
      #202881 - 08/05/05 12:57 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I didn't say other people shouldn't try rye bread! I said depending on a person's sensitivity, bread made from white wheat flour is still the safest. I also said rye bread can be a trigger ... because it can.

We are all free here to try anything and, indeed, trial and error is a big part of the process in terms of figuring out what we can individually tolerate.

However, I always try to give my best advice on what foods are safer and what foods are more likely to cause problems. That way a person has some info on which to base a decision on whether to give a particular food a try.

I'm with Beth... new
      #203086 - 08/06/05 03:08 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

this post must be SO confusing for a newbie to the diet. Heather does say that generally rye bread (so long as it's seedless) is well tolerated by most people. I'd give it a try. I personally eat it a lot and it makes not a scrap of difference to my health. If you suddenly get a whole lot sicker after eating it then you are probably sensitive to rye, if not then it's fine and might provide a nice change from white bread (I'm not a big fan of white bread at the best of times which is why I eat it a lot). Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3885 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1915

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review