All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Aussies -soy free bread? also, love to hear from anyone with a soy allergy!
      #201863 - 08/02/05 03:45 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows of a soy free bread on the market in Australia? My son has a life threatening allergy to soy and its in everything!!

I'd also appreciate hearing from anyone else with a soy allergy.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aussies -soy free bread? also, love to hear from anyone with a soy allergy! new
      #201942 - 08/02/05 08:41 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

How about sourdough or french bread...they don't have soy in them to my knowledge. At least not here in the States.

I was tested positive for soy allergies, although eating soy isn't life-threatening for me. It just makes me feel lousy. So I gave up my vegetarian diet and started eating turkey and tuna for protein. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Aussie here.... new
      #202243 - 08/03/05 07:24 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Kerrie I thought most of our breads were Soy free (or are you also after dairy/gluten or anything else free?) I used to eat the Helga's bread, or Noble Rise. I don't THINK either of them have dairy or soy (not 100% sure though.). I have a pretty bad soy intolerance, it's not like your son's though, I get really bad D and major pain from soy so aviod it completely (I'm okay with occasional tiny bits of soy sauce though). Sorry I'm not much help either but if you have any questions feel free to ask

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review