All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fallen Off the Wagon!!!
      #201608 - 08/02/05 01:00 AM
HL33

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: Essex, UK

Yes fallen off the rails in a big way yesterday, after going to the hospital & after getting home & reading about what an MRI scan entails (I'm deeply claustrophobic) it just got worse as the day went on I felt very paniky even though I've spoken to the consultants secratary who said she would speak to him & see if I could have a CT scan instead but will have to wait a few days before finding out I scoffed on chocolate last night & a kebab & as a result I feel like death this morning my stomach cramps I've got major"D" & feel like I can't be bothered about anything, having felt so good for the last two weeks on the diet I feel disapointed with myself, I'm going to take a couple of days off try to eat like I should but most of all gather my thoughts & stop stressing, I knew at the beginning that trying to sort out two life altering conditions at the same time was always going to be hard but I was coping until yesterday just could not handle the thought of being put into a narrow tube flipped
Hope to catch up with you all in a day or two
Helen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think we've all done it at least once new
      #201634 - 08/02/05 06:07 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't be too hard on yourself... stress makes you do things that don't necessarily make sense in hindsight. You'll be fine. Just be easy on yourself, and eat well again, and hopefully you'll feel better quickly.

As for the MRI, they should be able to accomodate you. My boyfriend just had an MRI not too long ago; he's not claustrophobic and so he had no problems, but they gave him stacks of paperwork ahead of time, a lot of which said to notify the doctor ahead of time if you're claustrophobic, etc etc. So you did good, talking to them right away. Here's hoping everything works out for you.

Re: Fallen Off the Wagon!!! new
      #201654 - 08/02/05 06:39 AM
HL33

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: Essex, UK

After spending this morning feeling sorry for myself & going through the poor me & tears thing I've kicked my butt this afternoon & have spent the last couple of hours working out my meals for the next few days to restablise myself again, I'm trying to focus on how good I felt last week & just hoping thats enough, I think I will feel much more at ease when I know for sure that I will be having a CT scan rather than an MRI
Helen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 770 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review