All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does anyone else get this tired?
      #200654 - 07/28/05 06:17 PM
cindys75

Reged: 06/25/05
Loc: Ga, USA

I seem to get REALLY tired a lot since I have had to change my diet for IBS. I can hardly function at times and I feel real sluggish all day--NO ENERGY! Is this something that can happen with IBS or could it be something else?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does anyone else get this tired? new
      #200697 - 07/28/05 09:23 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

I get that way too. There are days when my legs get so weak I can't even stand. I burn out really quickly and if I push myself too hard I will crash and can easily sleep away an entire day. I was like that before I started this diet, and I miss beef because it always helped to pick me up when I hit those exhaustive lows. I will even cheat a bit and eat a small portion if my stomach has been fairly stable.

The best advice I could give you is to make sleep a priority, even if it means going to bed ridiculously early. Also try to get some good protein in at breakfast, even though I know that's much easier said than done!

Re: does anyone else get this tired? Orgran may help. new
      #200707 - 07/28/05 10:00 PM
Alessia

Reged: 07/28/05

Hi there
I have been reading some of the messages and the difficulty people are having with energy and adjusting to spcific food requirements. I have IBS and my partner is a celiac diagnose 5 years ago so there has been a compatible compromise with the foods.
I have found the Orgran brand of products to be the best by far and the most suitable for both of us. I used to feel lethargic and was not motivated to off the couch. My stomach would not tolerate much and I used to feel as if every little task was a big effort. I'd burn out too quickly and it was also playing havoc on my moods. (Looking back my partner did put up with a lot) Since using Orgran products just on 3 years now I have noted a definite increase in my energy levels and wellbeing. My partner has also noticed a huge difference ad we have lot smore activities in our weekly schedules. Judging from some of the messages posted by others it seems anyone who is familiar with orgran products report the same.
I personally just cannot thank Orgran enough for producing such wonderful natural foods and this company really deserves credit.

It was coincidental the other day I was reading a local magazine on Health & Beauty and it mentioned Orgran being included in the diet of some celebrities in the USA. Apparantly Bill Cosby and David Letterman are both celiacs but Christine Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez are into orgran too as part of some special fitness regime.

I know it is hard for some people to adjust but if you go to the orgran website www.orgran.com you will find lots of interesting recipes you can try. (a colleague told me about this abunance of information)

Everybit of information helps and I hope this does.
Have a wonderful day

Alessia

Re: does anyone else get this tired? Orgran may help. new
      #200730 - 07/29/05 02:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Remember to eat plenty of protein...just eating carbs will make you very sleepy.

Lots of water is also good as is eating frequently, both of which you should do anyway.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 481

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review