All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mucus
      #197913 - 07/20/05 05:24 PM
tama_chan

Reged: 06/18/05

Sorry if this isn't a direct eating issue, but it's close:

I posted this as a symptom on my first thread a while ago, but am more concerned about this because I wanted to know if this is a normal reaction of IBS. I haven't really heard anyone having issues with this:

I've stated before that I've been having really bad Constipation, and it's much worse at work then it is at home usually. But what I'm more worried about is the amount of mucus that is coming out of me. I'll need to use the restroom 4 times at work, and the majority of the time only mucus comes out of me, but I'll still have the pains. Is this just a classic case of the chronic C that happens with IBS?

(Oh and they finally re-checked my bloodwork, and they confirmed to me that I do NOT have Celiac disease So I'm pretty sure the only thing thats left is IBS).

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mucus new
      #197918 - 07/20/05 05:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It COULD be a gluten intolerance (it could even be celiac...the endoscopy is the gold standard test...better than bloodwork anyday! Also...do you know which tests they did for celiac...there are several things they look for...perhaps the doc didn't do em' all?) I would ONLY worry about it if you are eating Heather's diet and STILL not getting better! Is that the case? (That was how I discovered my intolerance--that and a LOT of research!!!)

YES mucous can be just IBS I think! I'm sure others will see your post and give you a more definitive answer...

Feel better soon...keep posting!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#197924 - 07/20/05 05:55 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you do a search on this board you'll get lots of posts. Fyi, this board is for diet and IBS queries.

#198001 - 07/20/05 07:49 PM
tama_chan

I'm aware of that, but I couldn't find an appropriate board for this question to go into.

#198004 - 07/20/05 07:53 PM
tama_chan

No I haven't done an endoscopy yet, and before I cancel mine out next month, I will go through with it anyway. They did five different celiac type of blood works (this was from Promethian Labs I believe, under the Celiac Plus test). The problem that worried me, was that my doctor told me originally that it wasn't black and white enough that they could tell if I had celiac or not. Then a few days ago they informed me that I don't have it. I don't want to pent rage on here, but I don't trust this guy one bit either way, as he gave me the wrong information on how to go about getting tested for celiac in the first place (along with just being a dick, and not believing I am hurting every day). Thankfully this endoscopy is from a different professional Gasologist...

I'm currently on Heather's diet plan, and have purchased the powder they sell on here in place of Benefiber (hasn't come in the mail just yet).

Thanks again everyone!

#198046 - 07/21/05 04:19 AM
LisaRae

Reged: 07/18/05
Loc: Atlanta Ga

I am IBS-d and have a lot of mucas when I flare up. If fact I can feel alright and have a normal BW and if there is mucas in there you can bet within hours my attack starts.

#198054 - 07/21/05 05:50 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

I'm aware of that, but I couldn't find an appropriate board for this question to go into.

This IS the appropriate Board. All questions and comments about the IBS Diet OR about IBS symptoms, treatments, supplements, annoyances, aggravations, successes, ... go here. Or, to put it another way, if your post doesn't fit under one of the other more specialized Boards, put it here.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#198177 - 07/21/05 09:28 AM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

all books I've read about IBS list mucous as a symptom and consider it not serious, although it can be emotionally upsetting. I've had it from time to time. It just seems to mean that my colon is irritated more than my usual norm. It tends to go away within a few days, especially if I collect the mucus and bury it at the base of an oak tree under a full moon while singing a medley of Karen Carpenter tunes while performing an interpretive dance in my fruit of the looms.

Sorry to digress into the magical and silly, but don't worry about the mucous unless it seems to steadily increase and other symptoms do not improve. I've never heard of a cure for just the mucus part, so I focus on taking lots of fiber supplements which promotes normal stool creation.

#198564 - 07/22/05 10:48 AM
vcarter410

Reged: 07/22/05

I am having trouble getting a correct diagnosis myself. In regards to the mucus, I have it in my stool all the time. Sometimes when I go to pass gas, it is actually mucus that comes out and of course I have to go and change clothes. Its absolutely disgusting and annoying. But there are times when I go to the bathroom thinking I have Diahrreah and all there is in the toilet is mucus. So yes, I have this problem as well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1112

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review