All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fluffy tummy!
      #196911 - 07/18/05 03:23 PM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

I've never had such a poofy tummy like I do now even though other parts of me are thinner. I almost feel like I look like a pear. Since it's too difficult for me to do the traditional situps, does anyone have "any" advice on how to reduce the size? Without sugery, that is. Thanks much! Heidi

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fluffy tummy! new
      #196948 - 07/18/05 04:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Do you mean bloated or chubby? I am unclear on that.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#197048 - 07/18/05 10:22 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I'm not either, but if you ever have gas, do a search for yoga on this website. There's a reverse head stand (or something like that) that is GREAT for releasing gas. Watch out for the wind tunnel though!

#197052 - 07/18/05 10:44 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

cardio and low weights high reps...have you used a swiss ball? they are really good to develop your core muscles....also doing situps if you are over weight will actually push your tummy out more!! also if you use dynabands (like those oversized rubber bands) will help lean you....using your own body weight is what i use to do with my clients when we needed to trim down without bulking too much

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 556

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review