All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how long?
      #196695 - 07/18/05 07:54 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

hey girls,i was wondering how long the sickness last after you digest something with milk in it or too much spices..ive been so sick for the last 3 dayz now.i ate a hole cake mix that had milk in it and alot of tomato sauce with spices in it.its been making me sick and relley tired.is this normal?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how long? new
      #196698 - 07/18/05 08:07 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

When I've eaten (accidental or intentional )something that doesn't work for me it usually takes 24 to 48 hrs before I feel stable again. I use the word "stable" loosely because I am still feeling my way around with adding the IF foods. If I have learned one thing on this website it is that what works for one may not work for another. Hope your feeling better soon.
Take care,

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#196783 - 07/18/05 10:47 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Jeez, back in the bad old days, it would take me at least a week to feel decent after an attack. As I've gotten more stable (hypno, fewer diet cheats), I can now recover in a day or two. But the more you stress out your system, the longer each recovery will take...

--AC

#196832 - 07/18/05 12:52 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

For me to recover from the milk ingredients/casein thing (including BUTTER), I'd say 72 hours to be on the safe side. But, it effects more than merely my gut/IBS. I'd be in fighting form in about five days.

The spices would take about the same length of time.

Now, if I had both in my gut...I don't know.

I hope this mix you consumed didn't have raw egg anything in it.

I'm sorry, Kemi; I don't want to sound like I'm hounding you--how's you're Eating Disorder? Are you eating enough? Are you eating many times throughout the day? I'm just concerned. YOU NEED SOME HELP! THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING.
You're not starving yourself, are you? Honestly, I'm just really concerned.

But, yes, I do know that raw cake mix and cookie dough is delicious. STAY AWAY FROM "the kitty litter!"

I would probably be downing the peptobismal or malox, too.

My last nasty reaction was to Del Monte ALL FRUIT BARS (frozen). I thought they were awesome, at first, but then got really spazzed and a nauseated/borderline vomit feeling.
It was due to the carob bean gum/locust bean gum. So, only homemade stuff for me in that dept. from now on. (I have a big time legume problem, though.)

Get some safe snacks/treats!

Kate, IBS-D.

#197665 - 07/20/05 09:03 AM
Kemi

aww wind your so sweet thank you!!no im not starving myslef anymore!!i was for about 9 months i got down to 100 but i starting taking zelnorm and now i cant stop eating.im eating all the time..!!!!im overweight now,i weigh 155 now and im trying to lose weight but i cant stop eating!!!:(im feeling better today but had a hole lemon cake.i just cant stop eating the sweets.

#197698 - 07/20/05 10:27 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Do you think you're experiencing reactive bulimia? Your eating is still really DISORDERED--chaotic. Sure, you weigh more--but in your effort to lose weight you're binge-eating!
This is really bad for your body. You really need to show yourself a little self-respect and love.

I'm concerned, Kemi.
Hugs,
Kate, IBS-D.

#198234 - 07/21/05 11:50 AM
Kemi

aww!no im not making my slep throw up!!i hae in my past but that was a while ago..appartently ive had ibs longer then i thought!my best friend told me about some things that happened to me when i was 15.!!so ive had it for a while now.im just trying to find a point were i can eat only when im hungry..not all the time.

#198350 - 07/21/05 05:54 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Kemi -

This kind of thing is really individual for folks with IBS. LOL... ok funny(ish) story: in my family me, my sister and my dad are all lactose intollerant (though I suspect that both have mild cases of IBS too). Anyway, we used to say that if we had any milk products, it would affect my dad for 1 day, my sister for 3 days, and me for 10 days (yes, 10 DAYS - you can see why I was the one diagnosed with IBS ) OK, on review that's not really THAT funny a story... lol. Anyway, the moral is that it's pretty individual

#198369 - 07/21/05 07:05 PM
Kemi

that relley sucks!!!!i tryed something with milk in it cuz i thought it wouldnt faze me,cuz i was taking zelnorm..but i was so wrong.!!i was sick for about a week.:(but without the zelnorm probaly wouldve been a hole lot longer then that.thankz for your help girls your so cool!!:Pand its so kewl to be talking to other women who have the same problem as me!!hugz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review