All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS AND CANCER
      #196602 - 07/17/05 04:51 PM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Hello to Everyone!

I am a member who has not posted in a long time. Was diagnosed with lung cancer and have spent the last 7 months putting my health in order. It has been a hard battle, however, I am well on my way to feeling strong and positive. Does anyone on this board have or had cancer and how did the medications, chemo, etc..afffect the IBS? Hope to hear from you soon.

Blessed Be,

Olgis

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS AND CANCER new
      #196729 - 07/18/05 09:07 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I am sorry to hear about your bout with lung cancer and glad to hear you are healing. My experience with cancer treatments was pre-IBS, but based on how hard it was on my digestive tract then, I imagine it could certainly exacerbate an existing case or trigger a new one. Not to mention the impact of antibiotics for any opportunistic infections. How did your treatments affect your IBS? And isn't it nice to be feeling well enough to actually worry about IBS again?

BTW, I love your sign-off. You may be the first person I've encountered who might know what I meant if I said I was married last year on Samhain - traditional, rather than astrological, and possibly the Eve, depending on who you listen to.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#197135 - 07/19/05 07:49 AM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Good Morning..

Thank you for your reply..Is your cancer in remission? If so, Blessed Be. Yes, I do know all about Samhain, and of course, the Full Moon and all it promises. Firmly believe in the power of meditation for healing.. Vizualization has helped me tremendously. When I was first diagnosed, I stopped working. Stress was removed. Realized how much stress was causing me bouts of IBS. Thanks to Heather's knowledge, I learned to eat properly. Good to be back on this board again. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Blessed Be.

#197454 - 07/19/05 05:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Well, there we part company, I'm afraid. I don't have much faith in meditation or visualization for healing from cancer. I do think stress-reduction can be very helpful in dealing with IBS.

I have been in remission for years, but beyond that I'm not really comfortable going into any details about my cancer on the Boards. My email address is in my profile and if you'd like to continue the discussion via email, I'd be glad to hear from you. If not, I'll just see you around the Boards.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3015 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review