All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
PB-Red Alert for me!! new
      #196453 - 07/16/05 07:22 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I don't necessarily swing in any direction with PB but it sure gives me pain, and INSTANT heartburn. Dammit, I LOOOOOVE the stuff, too!

I buffer it occasionally and suck it up and deal with the pain, it is that good.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I wonder if it's because it's a bean? new
      #196454 - 07/16/05 07:24 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

We don't really do beans too well either, do we? Peanuts are definitely members of the bean family. They must be toot inducers!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I wonder if it's because it's a bean? new
      #196455 - 07/16/05 07:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

They are legumes.

What's the difference between a bean and a legume? new
      #196458 - 07/16/05 07:49 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are legumes gas producers too? I never thought about PB or cashew butter causing gas!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Peanut Butter - Heaven or Apocalypse? new
      #196476 - 07/16/05 09:05 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Actually, I've been using creamy peanut butter as a marital aid, but it does leave the sheets a rather disgusting color. Sorry about that - could not resist!

There is a new snack which is a pretyzl nugget with peanut butter inside. The peanut butter is probably loaded with enough preservatives to last 5000 years in a Pharoah's tomb. I tried a few and my abdomen was not amused.

I think I can handle peanut butter (the only type I actually have in this household is crunchy so it would make a rather uncomfortable marital aid, but I'll get off that bad joke) if done sporadically, e.g., once in awhile.

Re: What's the difference between a bean and a legume? new
      #196477 - 07/16/05 09:09 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

OK, I have a question. What is a green lima bean, the type of little odd thing you find in a frozen package of mixed vegetables? Is that likely to cause gas? You should see me with one of those mixed vegetable combinations. I pick out all the corn and lima beans and only eat the peas and carrots. It takes me about an hour longer than anyone else to make it through a caserole or a pasta if someone has merged in a package of frozen mixed vegetables. I told my partner that if he didn't stop buying them, I was going to just start spitting them out across the table and use a framed picture of his mother for target practice.

Re: What's the difference between a bean and a legume? new
      #196497 - 07/17/05 04:16 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yup, lima beans are big time gas producers/aggravants.

Basically, a legume is a podded plant. They are edible seeds and also known as pulses.

Some grow on vines and others are more shrub like. Peanuts are the underground pods of the peanut vine.

Peas are legumes, too. And beano beans. Definitely good ammo. for table fun.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Peanut Butter - Heaven or Apocalypse? new
      #196516 - 07/17/05 06:48 AM
funDiva Christy

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada

I have not had a problem with Organic Creamy no sugar PB, maybe cuz it's all natural? Amazingly found it at Sam's Club, so waaay cheaper than HFS.

I can handle ~1/2-1 tbsp openfaced on sourdough and make a great Thai Peanut Sauce for noodles or rice & steamed veggies

my fav is 1 tsp mixed in Chocolate Rice Milk Ice Cream, always after a SF meal though

Organic Nut butter site

PB is my guaranteed instant fix for hiccups too. Haven't tried it on empty, we'll see next time I get hiccups!

Christy

--------------------
There's a word for people who think everyone is conspiring against them. I know, perceptive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review