All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS changing..
      #195828 - 07/14/05 08:21 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

The past two weeks or so my IBS is just acting weird with new symptoms. For the past two years or so I have always been C with very few and far between flare ups of D. Well the past weeks I have been having terrible, uncontrollable gas and just some small amounts of sudden D. The D and the gas is just smelling outright terrible! I mean I know its not supposed to smell like roses..but it smells so much worse than it ever has before almost like when you are really sick and have a virus or something. I was wondering if something else might be going on with me. Anyone have any suggestions? (By the way there has not been any significant change in my diet)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS changing.. new
      #195891 - 07/15/05 06:16 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I was thinking as I was reading it did sound like a virus. I am IBS-a but when I get any hint of virus, bug or food poison it takes me weeks to overcome!! You may want to see your md though b/c they may need to do a stool sample

Re: IBS changing.. new
      #195934 - 07/15/05 07:19 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I'm also IBS-C, & I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago. The D would come with no warning at times & I had HORRIBLE smelly the gas. Oh MY! I had no explanation for it either. My gastro doc found nothing wrong, but he first gave me a round of antibiotics (I had a 1-yr-old, so he thought I might've gotten something from changing diapers). That seemed to help at first, but then I still had the D occasionally, so the doc said maybe my IBS changed. Well, the D episodes came off & on for about 6 months & then stopped. I'm back to my C like I've been for years & years.

All that to say your D could just be a phase that will pass....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4044 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 554

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review