All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
No, it does! new
      #197115 - 07/19/05 06:49 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I just wasn't sure what you meant by "My doctor told me that once you stop it you will return to baseline or worse."

Are you saying that if you stop the zelnorm, it won't help in the future, or if you stop it you will return to having it work again?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lana Marie new
      #197119 - 07/19/05 07:00 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I actually have D but there is a pill that is very similiar out there for IBS-D and I understand the lack of results are quite similar.

Therefore, yes, I just stick with the diet.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Jessica new
      #197120 - 07/19/05 07:01 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

It took me about 4 days before it started working...I would have little bits throughout the day sometimes, and then it would get better. I think diet and even extra fiber or something helps, or taking two doses per day instead of one REALLY helps. Just make sure you take it on an empty tummy about 30-60 minutes before you eat and you should go bum bum soon afterwards. Drink lots of water too

Re: No, it does! new
      #197131 - 07/19/05 07:31 AM
MMN

Reged: 06/24/05

Wow! I just recently started chatting on the Boards. I'm sorry. About Zelnorm, my doctor told me that once you stop using it, you return to baseline or worse. I haven't started taking it b/c of its warnings. I'm afraid it may accelerate any predisposition I may have to kidney disease since both my parents wound up on dialysis before passing away.

Okay, I still don't get what baseline or worse means?-nt new
      #197138 - 07/19/05 07:54 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Okay, I still don't get what baseline or worse means?-nt new
      #197145 - 07/19/05 08:03 AM
MMN

Well, you take Zelnorm b/c you're constipated. While on Zelnorm, you're supposed to be having bowel movements. Once you stop taking Zelnorm, you'll go back to your original state, (for example, maybe you were only able to have a bowel movement once a week), or worse (maybe you'll only be able to have a bowel movement once every two weeks or week and a half. Understand?

Re: Great...the Zelnorm isn't working as good...I know this happened to others... new
      #197150 - 07/19/05 08:22 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Zelnorm is dangerous. See the FDA warning in the research library. It stops working altogether eventually. I quit taking it and started the acacia, water and cal/mag supplements suggested here and am now stable. I would drop the Zelnorm altogether. There are safer ways to get things moving. Talk to your doctor.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Great...the Zelnorm isn't working as good...I know this happened to others... new
      #197170 - 07/19/05 08:39 AM
MMN

How bad was your C? What is the difference between Acacia and Benefiber.

#197212 - 07/19/05 09:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've been on miralax about 4 years. Really do need to take it everyday. It hasn't lost any of its ability to work for me like the Zelnorm did. Sometimes if I travel or eat something I shouldn't, I'll get a little backed up and just add a second dose of miralax in for a day or two.

My bms are "loose" a lot from the miralax but I'd rather have loose bms, than no bms at all!! If yours are too loose, try decreasing the amount of miralax you take a little or increasing your sfs.

I do just take the acacia once in the, regardless of how much miralax I take. Yes, miralax in safe during pregnancy and I know that when I'm pregnant, my digestive systems STOPS! I was sometimes having to take three doses a day. DO NOT take the zelnorm while pregnant though! Good luck getting pregnant! I'm also testing Friday! I'm sure I'll break down and test before then but I get the offical blood test done Friday! This will be my third month of trying since my third miscarriage in December. I did two clmid cycles (evil, nasty drug!) and this past cycle I did femara, which I tolerated so much better!! The last couple of days, my boobs have been sore and I've been really moody but I'm also taking progesterone which can cause these side effects. I try not to let myself get my hopes up too high because its too much of a let down if I'm not pregnant. Good luck!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#197253 - 07/19/05 10:31 AM
MMN

How bad is your C when you're not on Miralax?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1994 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review