All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ok so what is this?
      #195525 - 07/14/05 07:50 AM

Unregistered

So just to give you an idea of my normal IBS life, I always watch what I eat, but I don't have to be super strict about stuff as long as I follow the general rules. Like I can eat chocolate and ice cream if it's not too much. Normal cheese if it's not too much and with bread..that kind of thing. If I do have an attack it's not very often and only if I've just gone overboard one day. So my stomach will hurt and I get the nausea thing and I'll have D but I'll take some immodium and tylenol and a couple hours later I'm pretty fine and just have to be careful the rest of the day or whatever.

The past like week (and now this has happened to me on and off in the past few months) I just get this weird thing going on that I can only describe as kind of being gas in me. Like my stomach will make noises and I get this bubble in my throat feeling that makes me want to gag (which worries me since I hate hate hate throwing up). But that's really the extent. I don't really feel like I'll have D or anything, just this weird sickish bubble in the throat gassy stomach nausea kind of thing. Does anyone else ever have anything like this and what do you do?

It's bothering me because I kept hoping that this would go away because tomorrow I'm supposed to leave on a road trip with my friend for 11 days and I really don't want to be feeling bad and worrying myself so much. I won't be able to just lay in my bed and sleep or get away with eating just bread the whole time.

Any thoughts or ideas??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok so what is this? new
      #195544 - 07/14/05 08:09 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Hi Brittany,

The only thing that comes to mind is gastric reflux or something. My GI doc just put me on Nexium b/c of upper stomach trouble and it is also for gastric reflux and gastritis. The symptoms you describe sound like it could be something like that. Of course, a GI doctor would have to check it out.
Sorry I'm not much more help. Maybe someone else will have had similar things happen to them.
Sandy

#195551 - 07/14/05 08:16 AM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

Yes Brittany I'm sorry to say this but those symptoms sound extremely similar to my GERDS (acid reflux) and you should get it checked out asap because it can get worse. My doctor also put me on Nexium which has been a life saver and I can now eat just about anything without much trouble! I hope the same goes for you!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

Hmm new
      #195555 - 07/14/05 08:18 AM

Unregistered

I was wondering if it could be something like that. I'm just curious if there are solutions other than getting put on another prescription medication and going to the doctor?? Guess we'll see how it goes in the next 11 days or maybe I'll have to do something about it when I get back.

#195557 - 07/14/05 08:19 AM

Unregistered

Anything I can do about this in a day since I leave tomorrow??

#195561 - 07/14/05 08:25 AM
nursehew26

Reged: 05/25/05

So here are my 2cents. I was diagnosed with dyspepsia when I had a major IBS flare. I had that terrible feeling like a big bubble in my throat and lots of pressure under my ribcage. And the nausea...seriously it was terrible!! I tried Nexium, but it didnt help. So I had an endoscopy, and actually showed no signs of gastric reflux. No inflammation, irritation, etc. So they diagnosed me with dyspepsia. Here is some basic info on it http://familydoctor.org/474.xml
I had it off and on for a while. When I started Elavil for my fibro, the dyspepsia all of a sudden got much better. Another great reason for low dose AD's! So you may have dyspepsia, and it could occur with acid, and without it as well. They say that in a large majority of people, it resolves on its own!

--------------------
IBS-D

#195564 - 07/14/05 08:29 AM

Unregistered

That's an interesting thought. Some of that seems like me but other parts don't. Hmm... I guess I'll have to see how this proceeds. Thanks for your thoughts and the info!

Try Prilosec new
      #195576 - 07/14/05 09:01 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I agree with the others, it sounds like acid reflux or the symptoms I suffer with my gastritis. Prilosec is the generic of Nexium and is OTC and much cheaper. That might help, even a little during your road trip. Good luck and happy travels!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

I agree too! new
      #195588 - 07/14/05 09:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Get it checked after your trip. And have fun!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review