All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hearing noises..
      #195400 - 07/13/05 08:25 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I am not really sure how to explain this, but it seems like lately when I eat any sort of meal and can hear it literally going down into my stomach and it just starts girgiling(SP?) and making weird noises when it gets further down like into my intestines. I have had some weird noises before but this is really loud and just plain weird feeling! It gets kind of annoying because its starting happen everytime I eat! Anyone else have this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh yeah... new
      #195422 - 07/13/05 10:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have noisy guts. Some days worse than others... always been that way. And yep, I can feel the food moving around, which is a weird sensation, but I guess I've gotten used to it. I don't think it's anything to worry about, per se, but I don't know what you can do to stop it, either. You're not alone, that's all!

Re: Hearing noises.. new
      #195490 - 07/14/05 06:55 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yep, that's very common. Like Casey, I get it more some days than others, too. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I've been getting it less and less as I've become more stable... so there is hope in reducing it somewhat! But the bad news is it kind of comes with the territory, and it's really tough to get rid of completely. But like Casey said, you're not alone.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#195517 - 07/14/05 07:45 AM
jblake

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: East Coast, USA

I also have a very noisey gut. It can be rather embarrassing especially at work and other public places. Unfotunately it just seems to be part of the package. I have found that fennel tea and pepermint tea can help to quiet it a little. I too feel like I hear the food going through all it's travel. Especially a sound that makes me think of stuff trying to get through a clogged drain, like a trickling (sp?) sound. The worst is when it sounds like gas but it is all internal. You are definitely not alone.

#195594 - 07/14/05 09:26 AM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

Yeah, this is actually one of my worst symptoms and I haven't really found any way to make it go away. I think the noises are just a lot of internal gas that forms when I eat .. that I can't really do anything about. It's gotten less on the diet, but when I was on anti-anxiety meds it totally went away. I think that's because my IBS is really anxiety rooted... I think that the peppermint caps help it too. It sucks, but as everyone else said, you're not alone.

#195893 - 07/15/05 06:21 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

oh yeah, I get those!! Sometimes I feel like I have a baby kicking on me too!! Takes me back to the pregnant days... my tumy talks a lot!! Sometimes I can see it on the outside!! I hate those days!!

Usual for D-ers new
      #196430 - 07/16/05 03:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This happens with IBS-D. If you are a C-er who's never experienced this, I can suppose it'd be weird! But I live with this all the time, and I'm a straight D.

~nelly~

#196456 - 07/16/05 07:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm a D'er and mine is a symphony. Other people get pop-eyed when they hear it--I can't control it! It gurgles and yawns and sighs. Sometimes it's funny. You can literally hear it twisting and turning. It happens before I eat too. It bellows. It's like it's possessed or something!!!

Kate, IBS-D.

#196479 - 07/16/05 09:58 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I find that if I am somewhat nervous, that my stomach and intestines will growl and whine and moan. I always thought that if I could tape these sounds for a long time, I could edit them into a coherent song (like that old classic of the dogs barking Jingle Bells). I'd like to gurgle Handels Messiah, but perhaps I should start out with something simple like the themesong to FRIENDS. Since the average person can't understand why there would be so much noise, sometimes I have lied (sorry, but true) and told people that I did NOT have time to eat lunch so that they were hearing my stomach growl from hunger pangs. Normal people can relate to that explanation whereas they have problems understanding why eating a sour dough biscuit would cause a stomach to sound like a car manufacturing plant.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 687 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 992

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review