All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Strange nodal strings
      #195391 - 07/13/05 07:47 PM
Anthem

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

This scares me because it is so unusual. Today I had a bowel movement and it included what I am calling a nodal string. This consists of a blob of poo connected to a string which connects to another blob of poo connected to a string etc. Picture a large marble connected by a string of the same color to another marble which has a string to a third marble. What in the world is this? Just when I thought I'd seen everything with IBS...excuse me, ladies, for being so graphic. Next I'll pass something that is the spitting image of Jesus Christ and my toilet will become a holy sacred spot for pilgrimage. My butt will be washed with Holy Water and the Vatican will demand authentication before endorsing the miracle. Skeptics will scoff and reply "Jesus, my ass!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Strange nodal strings new
      #195399 - 07/13/05 08:15 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I am really not sure what this could be! But it doesnt sound like fun. It may have been related to something that you ate and it just didnt digest well or something like that. I know this sounds really gross but I have had "clotting" before when having a bowel movement and that is no fun and weird looking. My doctor says that it is from my internal hemmroids, and suppositories are the only things that will help that if anything. I hope the "strings" clear up!! Maybe this will make you laugh...my cat gets strings in his Poo but its from him chewing on my knitted blanket!!LOL I hope you havent been doing that.

Sounds like... new
      #195410 - 07/13/05 09:28 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

either something you ate that doesn't digest well (like celery or whole spinach leaves) or it could be ahem worms? I know that they can come out whole and appear this way. Maybe head down to the chemist and get yourself some combantrin just to be on the safe side.

--------------------
Amy

I know my dog gets that... new
      #195432 - 07/13/05 10:55 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...when he's been eating grass! So maybe it's some IF thang?

I'm with Amy... new
      #195438 - 07/13/05 11:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

sounds like worms

Let us know if you figure it out for certain...

And no worries about being too graphic here. There is no such thing when it comes to IBS and BM's!

And hey, at keast you're having BM's right? Did this hurt btw, just curious?

Hang in there...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I used to be a jeweler new
      #195459 - 07/14/05 04:50 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

and it sounds like a new idea. Brown pearls.
I LOVE your sense of humor BTW and don't think anything is gross here.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Strange nodal strings new
      #195556 - 07/14/05 08:19 AM
nursehew26

Reged: 05/25/05

You know, I have had something similair happen to me also, and it continues to do so every once in a while. For me, it was threads that were short and were red. I think it is actually from tomatos! I checked my diary, and tomatos were the only red thing I had been eating consistently. And its not blood, cause it doesnt tinge the water or anything. Its just whole red threads. But I think its from not digesting completely, especially since I eat the tomato skin. So maybe it is just undigested IF peices???

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1470 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review