All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Increasing Acacia dose??
      #195152 - 07/13/05 10:49 AM

Unregistered

Is anyone taking more than 16mg of Acacia daily? I have been taking 16mg for about 6 months now, taking 8mg before breakfast and 8mg before evening dinner.
I have been wondering whether to increase the amount and was wondering if any of you take a larger dose? I am ibs.d - the d. has gone now but I still go to the loo several times daily and was wondering if increasing the Acacia would help.
Thankyou. Judith

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Increasing Acacia dose?? new
      #195295 - 07/13/05 03:11 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm IBS-D and I take 8 teaspoons, which I'm pretty sure works out to 20 grams a day. My frequency has definitely decreased - once or twice a day is my norm now. Whether it's the high SFS dose, Heather's diet, or using Imodium as needed - perhaps there's a carry-over effect from one day to the next with the Imodium. (I do NOT take Imodium as a preventative measure.)

BTW, based on what I've seen in other's posts, I sometimes wonder if I'm taking more SF than anyone else on the Board - even the C's and A's.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Edited by Sand (07/13/05 03:12 PM)

#195473 - 07/14/05 05:55 AM

Unregistered

Bump

#195476 - 07/14/05 06:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm on 15g a day (I think - 2T anyway) and tho I'm happy here I do feel I could increase my dose...I do temporarily sometimes if I'm very iffy (NOTE...I can only do that as I'm NOT very sensitive to SFS dose changes).

Have you tried Immodium as a preventative? I found it really helped to retrain my gut about how many BMs to have in one day! It was like it was stuck in bad habits of 10+ BMs a day and couldn't get out of the rut.

#195540 - 07/14/05 08:06 AM

Unregistered

Hello Linz
That is very interesting - about retraining the body after so many years of dysfunction. I have taken Immodium on and off for over 20 years but only really like to take it "when I need it". My pattern tends to be a.m. but sometimes I am going at regular intervals throughout the day so would you suggest perhaps taking an Immodium in the evening or when I wake up?
Am off to the dentist tomorrow so no doubt the Immodium will be out of the cupboard!
Thanks. Judith

#195589 - 07/14/05 09:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I found taking a dose as soon as I got up helped me, so maybe try that first?

Re: Increasing Acacia dose?? Thanks Linz nt new
      #195706 - 07/14/05 01:46 PM

Unregistered

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 877

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review