All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
alcohol tolerance?
      #193951 - 07/10/05 08:26 PM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

I have no idea if this is related to my IBS or not, but I thought I would ask here anyway. I've noticed that in the past few months my alcohol tolerance has been significantly lowered. I know we're not supposed to drink anything on the diet, but I do occasionally -- it doesn't give me attacks as long as I eat beforehand.

Anyway -- whereas I used to be at a pretty normal level for a 140 lb caucasian girl, now when I drink just a glass of wine or something, I feel like I've had four or five, and my chest/face turn really red. Today I went out to dinner and drank maybe 1/3 of a margarita and I felt like I was going to throw up, like I had a hangover or something. I've heard that acid reflux can lower your alcohol tolerance but as far as I know I don't have that.. anyway I'm worried. Time wise it seemed like this started when I started taking peppermint pills and soluble fiber.. could this be effecting anything? I'm going to make a doctor's appointment but if anyone has any ideas it would be very appreciated.

-Lindsay

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: alcohol tolerance? new
      #193953 - 07/10/05 08:36 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

Hey, that's really strange?! I can drink a beer or two if I eat a couple pieces of bread right before I drink. If I forget to eat and have even one beer I get D the next day or 2 days later..and you know it's the beer because it's the same firey D everytime, lol!!! BUT...lately when I drink I've been feeling extremely drunk off 2 or 3 and I used to get a good buzz going but now it's like whoa..how did I get so drunk, almost feels like you're on something else. I don't drink very often at all...I wish I could though.

Re: alcohol tolerance? new
      #193981 - 07/11/05 03:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

For a start, alcohol tolerance is something you build up, so if you haven't been drinking at all for a while, your tolerance level will have dropped anyway. I get drunk on 2 drinks now!

Also, it could just be that you're actually really sensitive to alcohol so now you're trying to reintroduce it, your body is trying to reject it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2024 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 482

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review