All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: For Beth, re: Mangoes new
      #194523 - 07/12/05 08:48 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Or something more IBS-friendly/safe if thinking of an animal protein-enhancer, i.e. fish/shellfish--especially lean and white; halibut, shrimp, etc. Lean skinless poultry as well.
Personally, I like my mangoes "naked!" If you're ever bummed out check out a book entitled, "HOW TO EAT MANGOES NAKED." I can't recall the authour--I think it's Sark, though. It picked me up on a very emotionally rainy afternoon. I still think the best way to eat a mango properly is over the kitchen sink! They are wonderful in a berry smoothie.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Amy! new
      #195381 - 07/13/05 07:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I still can't get past the oatmel and a pretzel or two! I'm hanging on to the GF diet so tight. Like a little kid who puts one toe in the swimming pool because of fair. I honestly don't know how to do a non-GF diet! All the cereals look foreign and I can't even pick out a brand of bread! I go to the store and just look at all the different products and leave with nothing. I then return home and eat my GF grains and bread (as I eat some brown rice bread now!)

You're probably right about going all or none..but I was hoping I could just test the waters a little first! I know most gluten intolerant people feel nasty after just a smidgen of gluten.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth I've found.... new
      #195411 - 07/13/05 09:33 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

that over the last couple of days I've been cheating a little and I feel awful. It only takes one meal with a little bit of gluten or wheat in it and I feel all gurgly and in pain (more than usual!) so with some people that is the case. Others it takes a lot more and some don't notice anything despite the fact it's doing damage to them. Just go to the shop, don't check labels, buy something you know you like GF like Rice bubble or chex or cornflakes (these all contain gluten). Ummm Special K and Nutri grain have wheat without it being whole wheat and I'm a sucker for Special K. Just buy any loaf of IBS safe bread you can find (anything white anyway) and dinner just cook your usual but substitute your safe grains and flours for cous cous or wheat flour. Hope this helps and keep me updated
PS Did you get my card?

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 781 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review