All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Linz- Question on Acacia and Incomplete Emptying new
      #192980 - 07/07/05 04:04 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yep. To be honest, lots of BMs I calss as D even if it's not liquid. It's still them moving through GI tract too fast...so Immodium can be helpful. The incomplete emptying is a bit different to that with me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'll second that. .. new
      #192983 - 07/07/05 04:08 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I still consider myself mostly D even though I don't have the "typical D", just several per day.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#192997 - 07/07/05 04:36 PM
Silver

Reged: 10/22/04

like today, i've had several bm's and yet i still have the feeling that i have to go again just minutes after i have gone. i can hold it in sometimes but others when i have to go i have to go. it sucks! will acacia help with that?

#192998 - 07/07/05 04:39 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yep. But if you actually need to go (not just feeling like you need to when nothing will come out) then you must go or you could make yourself C!

I started seeing a naturopath last month new
      #193009 - 07/07/05 05:03 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

So far, so good. I got sick and tired of getting the run around from doctors and still being sick (and getting worse) so out of desperation, I was led to a doctor and after thinking and thinking about it, finally gave in to the little voice of intuition that was screaming at me! lol This doctor also does energy healing and other things, but when you get desperate enough, you'll try anything. Actually , it's been pretty good and I'm glad I started seeing her. I'm still taking my librax, but only once/day and she has me on other natural medicines. Hopefully, soon I'll be off the librax. I'm weaning off of nexium right now. I think you'll really like it...wow...two whole weeks...does your benefactor take applications for grants? lolol

Re: Essential Oils & Body Cleansing new
      #193284 - 07/08/05 12:16 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Good luck with your alternative health center fortnight. It sounds super interesting and a little scary. I'd love to hear from you after you're done (including the name of the place), but I'd love to hear from you even more 3, 6, 12 months down the road to know what the long-term benefits are.

From what I've read, "incomplete evacuation" (sounds like the people who didn't make it off the Titanic) is a classic IBS symptom. Really having to go is fine. Really having to go too much - urgency and frequency - is miserable, but somehow normal and that's what I use Immodium for. Incomplete evacuation is a whole different animal. It's almost like the wires are crossed - the "am I done" sensor says, "No", but the "have to go" sensor is also saying, "No". Really maddening. For me, time on Heather's diet plus a lot of SFS caused that symptom to gradually fade away.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Good luck! new
      #193291 - 07/08/05 12:23 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

And let us know how it goes, please. I would love to know the name of this place! And, as someone else mentioned, does your benefactor take names!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review