All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trader Joe's
      #191112 - 07/02/05 05:39 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

We'll be going to Chicago for the weekend next month and since I always hear people mentioning Trader Joe's, I thought we would stop there.

For those of you who actually have a TJ's close by, what are your favorite IBS-safe products? Is there anything I should avoid? nothing worse than buying a hideously expensive "alternative" product and discovering it tastes like dirty socks

Also, does anyone know if they are open on Sundays or would we have to go Saturday? (their website doesn't give hours and I am feeling too lazy to call)

Thanks!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trader Joe's new
      #191114 - 07/02/05 05:54 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I was just there today. As far as I know , they are open 7 days a week. My favorite thing is their price on Luna bars. 99 cents, beats just about everywhere else. I also get my Acidopholus-Probiotic there, it was cheaper than the last place I bought it. I'm pretty new to shopping there myself, so I'm not sure about too many of the other things. What actually took me in there was someone's suggestion, on this board, to try the geinger chews by Ginger People. I lov ethem for settling the tummy.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#191177 - 07/03/05 06:45 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I Love TJ's! They have such great "buys" and really interesting products. Some of the products I get there include: frozen organic veggies (very inexpensive), fresh baby carrots, fresh white button mushrooms, Tofutti cream cheese, all my cereals (very reasonable), SmartWater, Yogi ginger tea (cheaper than at Whole Foods), soy pretzels, Raspberry sorbet (they have other flavors, too, but Rasp is my fave!); Chocolate Soy Delicious Ice cream-very yummy!; miso soup; organic peanut butter and other spreads (e.g., eggplant and garlic is fine for me and I love it, but others may have problems!). I also buy my rice crackers there, too! OO, I also buy their original hummus!
Have fun when you visit! it is such a neat store!

#191263 - 07/03/05 02:51 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Oh, I love Trader Joe's! (they always seem to have cute guys working at the checkout too - eye candy) I get my Luna bars there (love 'em!) They also have these soy crisps things in different flavors like potato chips that don't bother my tummy at all. And soy cheeses, of course. Pack a cooler and have fun shopping!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 529

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review